Favors
Options

Instead of a favor....

Has anyone made a donation to a charity in lieu of favors? What did you do for the guests to let them know?

Re: Instead of a favor....

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    I am not a fan, but there is a sticky about this topic directly above your post if you want some other viewpoints. For me, I feel that if you want to donate to a charity, do so. Do not associate it with your wedding. If you choose to spend that money on a charity and not on favors, just do it, but do not tell people you're donating in lieu of favors. You don't tell people "Hey, I decided not to give you a gift and gave the money to X." Would you donate to a charity in lieu of your flowers?  If so, I'd be impressed by that info, but not that you gave up something for your guests. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your Input! Definitely changed my mind!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_instead-of-a-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:621049af-eb27-419b-87d2-0d100d111a81Post:91f4412b-2bb5-432f-b9a2-9efa7437d6a1">Instead of a favor....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone made a donation to a charity in lieu of favors? What did you do for the guests to let them know?
    Posted by Carissab11[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>instead of taking the money from the favors, why dont you just donate all the money that you get from your guests from their presents?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards