Flowers

Flowers question!

MY FI and I just met with a florist last week and got a little overwhelmed with all the questions! She is a lady who does it out of her home as a side job so maybe that may be why all the questions of the types/colors of flowers. I personally do not care much about my flowers. I just have  a few pics of the style I like and any flowers that fit that and are in season works for me.

The florist asked us which flowers to use for the grooms bout. and then all the groomsmen and the dads. And then asked for which flowers to use for the mothers and grandmothers corsages' and our usherettes( female ushers )

My question is, besides the grooms bout. are the groomsmen and dads all the same type of flower/design or does each group get a different looking boutenniere? And do the mothers get the same type of coursages that the usherettes will get??

This florist made it seem like each group had to have different types of flowers/colors...and I just thought everyone pretty much had the same ?

So what is everyone take on flowers??? and what are you doing for yours?!

PS I am also posting this on the flower board:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers question!

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a choice you get to make.

I had the groom, groomsmen, fathers and brothers bouts all the same. 

The bridesmaids had one type of bouquet.  The mothers and grandmothers had a second type of bouquet and the sisters had corsages. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All our guys got the same bouts--DH's was a little bigger.

The BMs and moms all carried bouquets, the grandmothers got corsages.

The same flower (white roses) was used for everything and my bouquet was white roses as well.

I just wanted to keep it simple.  Usually the flowers are fairly uniform with everyone being generally the same and the same type of flowers used. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't care what is what tell her... she can make the cohice too.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why didn't you tell her what you told us? Tell her that you don't really care, but this is the style you like and anything that fits into that will work for you...she should know how to work with that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you really don't care I would just make everyone's bout the same...you can always ask her to spice up the grooms bout just to make it a little more special.  I would also to tell her the same thing for the women.

She asks a lot of questions because she is trying to get a feel of what you do and do not like.  Some brides (like me, since I worked at as a florist for 8 years) are really specific and know exactly what they want while others have no idea.  IMO I would tell her your color scheme and that you would like to keep things as simple as possible.  Also, if there is a flower or two that you absolutely can't stand I would let her know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards