Outdoor Weddings

Bay Area - Outdoor Wedding and Reception

I am having such a hard time finding a great outdoor venue in the Bay Area. We are willing to travel up into the wine country, Santa Clara area, Brentwood/Livermore, and maybe even Sacramento. My fiance and I are looking at having around 200-250 guests and need a venue that is reasonably priced. I would really like to find a venue that I can have a little more freedom when it comes to decorating than if I was to do a country club. Also, since we are looking at getting married in June (not this year) I would like to be able to do a tented area, to help with the heat.
Please help... Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Re: Bay Area - Outdoor Wedding and Reception

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_bay-area-outdoor-wedding-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:de815da0-f4a2-41c5-874a-03d81e7ac4c0Post:3d1351f4-3613-4771-b22d-cac7d0b62585">Bay Area - Outdoor Wedding and Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having such a hard time finding a great outdoor venue in the Bay Area. We are willing to travel up into the wine country, Santa Clara area, Brentwood/Livermore, and maybe even Sacramento. My fiance and I are looking at having around 200-250 guests and need a venue that is reasonably priced. I would really like to find a venue that I can have a little more freedom when it comes to decorating than if I was to do a country club. Also, since we are looking at getting married in June (not this year) I would like to be able to do a tented area, to help with the heat. Please help... Any ideas would be really appreciated.
    Posted by Peanut0423[/QUOTE]

Have you considered wedgewood facilities? I think they have outdoor space that can accomodate that many guests.
  • We are getting married at The Purple Orchid in Livermore. We're doing a reception tent and I'm pretty sure they can accomodate 200-250 guests.

I know Wente also has large outdoor space so you could check that out if you haven't already.

Garre is another winery that has outdoor space and they already have a permanent tent set up.

There are tons of possibilities, we had similar wants for our wedding that you do and looked at 8 wineries in the area before we went to Purple Orchid and fell in love. Google and Yelp will be your best friends!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Re: cmgilpin - I have looked at Wedgewood, but it's just not quite what we are looking for.

Re: MissKristenWed84403 - Thank you for all of your suggestions. If you don't mind me asking, how much is the venue rental at the Purple Orchid? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards