Snarky Brides

New Christmas Poll

Ok, we did Christmas song. Now let's do Christmas movies.

What Christmas movie do you hate that everyone else seems to love?

I absolutely hate Its a Wonderful Life!

Re: New Christmas Poll

• I can't really think of any Christmas movies that I hate.

I don't hate it, but the Charlie Brown Christmas movie bores me. I don't know why, I just lose interest really fast. I do watch it once every year though.

Out of curiosity, why don't you like It's A Wonderful Life?
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Elf.

Hate it, wish it didn't exist. I also wish I loved it too...because everyone who watches it laughs except me. :(

*hiding*
  • Hellew Kermit.  Can I call you Kremit?  Heh, heh.

I have never seen The Christmas Story in its entirety.
    panther
  • AATB, you'll get a chance to if you watch TBS (I think) anytime between 8pm on Christmas Eve to 8pm on Christmas Day. They've done it every year for as long as I can remember. It's pretty much a tradition at this point.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Confession: I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life OR A Christmas Story.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Miracle on 34th....yeah, I know, Blasphemy! Embarassed
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:f82fc229-5dea-42cb-ae6d-2875eafe2c9c">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]No one should be allowed to hate anything related to Christmas, dammit!
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

C.S.  I love you dearly.  You put into words exactly what my heart is feeling.   :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:dcf5f85d-3313-43ed-9ea5-911edb098dba">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah Mehg - I know it's on every year, and that's usually when I see parts of it.  I've probably seen MOST of the movie, and I know what happens and such, but I've never watched it from start to finish.  Plus it looks weird to me, I dunno.  <strong>The bunny suit is just cruel and unusual.</strong> A neighbor kid at my old apartment complex looked exactly like Ralphie.  It was weird.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Definitely just got a side-eye from my cube-mate for LOL'ing at that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:4c38a5de-7b4b-4df3-bd30-c58f32020045">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Christmas Poll : Definitely just got a side-eye from my cube-mate for LOL'ing at that.
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]

Nice :)

I dunno - I'd rather talk about Christmas movies I love.  There are a few!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:bf8df1cb-4d44-4b48-9ef9-ab91cd0bf5e7">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Christmas Poll : Nice :) I dunno - I'd rather talk about Christmas movies I love.  There are a few!

Do tell.....
  • Charlie Brown.  Hate.  And I hate that stupid music, too.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I hate It's a Wonderful Life.  I've never seen the Christmas Story.
  • I don't hate any movies (well, except for the stupid ones ABC Family makes every year), but I do find Charlie Brown and A Christmas Story to be incredibly boring. I don't see the appeal. H has to watch Christmas Story every year during the marathon, and I tolerate it because he tolerates The Santa Clause.
  • I, too, have never watched A Christmas Story. I've never watched Elf either.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • AATB- I havent' seen it entirely either and FI looked at me crazy. His dad loves the movie and I seen the leg lamp ornament and thought about getting it for him but I didn't see that part in the movie and didn't want to be inappropriate. His dad also has a small leg lamp like in the movie at home.
  • Christmas movies I love are...

-Home Alone (and sometimes Home Alone 2, but anything after that, eff that noise)
    -Elf
    -National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (which is really fun now because I just married into a family of self-proclaimed Griswolds)
    -that classic Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.  I had that on VHS as a kid, that my mom taped from it being on tv.  I wore that thing out.
    -Frosty the Snowman
    -Step Mom isn't really a Christmas movie but the end part is Christmas and it KILLS me.  I bawl like a baby every time.

panther
  • I can't stand the Christmas Story .That movie makes me want to grind my teeth. I don't know why, I just don't like it.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I cry at Stepmom every time - it's so good. And so sad. I do like Frosty and Rudolph - they are so cheesy (now that we are grown-ups and have cgi lol)  but you have to love them. Nobody wants a Charlie in the Box!
  • Any of those crap Christmas movies on Lifetime.

I didn't used to like A Christmas Story or Christmas Vacation but once I got older, I finally got the jokes, and now I love them.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:f82fc229-5dea-42cb-ae6d-2875eafe2c9c">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]No one should be allowed to hate anything related to Christmas, dammit!
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

This, I totally agree
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:2c84b841-2e54-48b5-a7d6-4989c114e917">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Christmas movies I love are... -<strong>Home Alone</strong> (and sometimes Home Alone 2, but anything after that, eff that noise) -Elf -National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (which is really fun now because I just married into a family of self-proclaimed Griswolds) -that classic Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.  I had that on VHS as a kid, that my mom taped from it being on tv.  I wore that thing out. -Frosty the Snowman -Step Mom isn't really a Christmas movie but the end part is Christmas and it KILLS me.  I bawl like a baby every time.

I love you. Home Alone is my favorite movie of all time (not including Cinderella because it's a cartoon) and I know every word to it, start to finish. HA2 is good too. Now I'm going to have to go to my moms, get my old VCR and watch Home Alone tonight.

imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:dd5850a1-4302-4b07-a7f7-ed5b399f7589">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Christmas Poll : I love you. Home Alone is my favorite movie of all time (not including Cinderella because it's a cartoon) and I know every word to it, start to finish. HA2 is good too. Now I'm going to have to go to my moms, get my old VCR and watch Home Alone tonight.
    Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]

Buzz, your girlfriend!  WOOF!

MRSBJS - Sigh, I love that movie.  Those poor misfits!  It makes me so happy when Santa finally comes to get them :)
    panther
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:fdef47d3-5c44-407c-98c5-f521c7c94d9d">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: <strong>I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life</strong> OR A Christmas Story.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I'm jumping in this boat with you, I have only seen bits and pieces throughout the years. And what I've seen I dont like. And I hate A Christmas Story also.

~Row faster Raynes, before Anna & CS catch up~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:b1e25023-7319-4623-94c2-f24c76726fa2">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elf. Hate it, wish it didn't exist. I also wish I loved it too...because everyone who watches it laughs except me. :( *hiding*
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

It's almost like you took this post right out of my mind, lol.

I feel exactly the same way.
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The Christmas Story.

Mostly because it is on for 24 hours straight, and every single Christmas my Cousin takes over the entire living room at my Grandmothers house and will NOT change the channel. You would think from reading this that he is 10 or 11 nope the little shitt is 17.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been wanting to watch Home Alone for like 2 weeks now, I really need to go and buy a copy of it. I hadn't seen A Christmas Story before I met H and he was appalled by that. I don't mind it now, but it's not my favorite. I also have never seen A Wonderful Life, and I have no interest in it either. My favorite cartoon Christmas movie is Year Without A Santa Clause. I love the Meiser brothers.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:13ed3013-751e-455c-9edb-0aab9ad303dd">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Christmas Poll : Buzz, your girlfriend!  WOOF! MRSBJS - Sigh, I love that movie.  Those poor misfits!  It makes me so happy when Santa finally comes to get them :)

Firecrackers! I'll save these for later.

Definitely going home to watch it now. J will have to either suck it up and deal or move it to the living room.

imageimage
  • Have you guys had enough or are you thirsty for more....

I have never seen its a wonderfull life.. mainly bc I am afraid I wont like it then I will be judged...

I love Elf! 
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:1a9ee72d-e253-4342-8bdf-7edae5718d90">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been wanting to watch Home Alone for like 2 weeks now, I really need to go and buy a copy of it. I hadn't seen A Christmas Story before I met H and he was appalled by that. I don't mind it now, but it's not my favorite. I also have never seen A Wonderful Life, and I have no interest in it either. My favorite cartoon Christmas movie is Year Without A Santa Clause.<strong> I love the Meiser brothers.</strong>
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]

Me too! Until a couple of years ago I didn't even know the name of the movie, I just called it "The one with the Meiser brothers."
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-christmas-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61204bd1-9b65-406b-8ac4-4b00c9e4a467Post:1a9ee72d-e253-4342-8bdf-7edae5718d90">Re: New Christmas Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been wanting to watch Home Alone for like 2 weeks now, I really need to go and buy a copy of it. I hadn't seen A Christmas Story before I met H and he was appalled by that. I don't mind it now, but it's not my favorite. I also have never seen A Wonderful Life, and I have no interest in it either. My favorite cartoon Christmas movie is <strong>Year Without A Santa Clause</strong>. I love the Meiser brothers.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]

I have never seen this one. It's not for a lack of trying, I just always miss it when it's on and haven't found the dvd yet.

My favorite Christmas movie is Nightmare Before Christmas.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards