Chit Chat

Freaked out

It's dark, stormy, and DH convinced me to watch Paranormal Activity 4 with him. This movie scares the dook outa me. Anyone else a big wuss with scary movies?

Re: Freaked out

• When I was younger (think 16), FI used to change the channel when scary commericals came on late. That's how chicken I am, so you're way better than me. 
  • I don't watch scary movies because I woun't sleep for days.  DH learned this the hard way even after I warned him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love scary movies.  But I do like to watch them during daylight hours.  :D
  • I couldn't sleep through the night for YEARS after What Lies Beneath, and that isn't even a horror movie. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I was scared for a long time after What Lies Beneath, too! In high school, my horror movie loving friend and I made a deal I'd watch one per summer at her lake house. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. 
  • Weezy56Weezy56 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I am sooooo not getting any sleep tonight. The movie just got extra crazy I wont ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it so now I have my head under a blanket with my phone, haha
  • edited January 2013
    When I was a teenager I saw a horror movie, I think Boogyman, where in the opening scene the dad tries to show the kid there's nothing in the closet, but gets eaten by the Boogyman.

Just after the movie my cousin and I were going to bed, and he was scared about the closet. I walked over, said "There's nothing in here!" reached for the door... and freaked the flvck out because that's exactly what the dad did just before he got eaten.

We slept in a different room that night, and now I only watch horror movies during the day with all the lights on or blinds open.
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I remember watching that movie at a sleepover when I was in middle school. I don't think any of us slept!
  • I dont do scary movies...especially Nightmare on Elm Street. I used to have nightmares about Freddy Kruger when I was younger. FI tried to get me to watch the most recent one once..I cried.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can't do them.  The dinosaurs popping out in Jurassic Park still make me yelp.  DH uses my work travel (and not, ahem, my need to be in bed earlier) to watch the scary stuff.
    Anniversary

• I love scary movies!  I get totally freaked out during them, but in a good way.  When FI and I first started dating we watched The Orphanage with a group, and at one of the super-scary-you-are-so-totally-going-to-jump scenes we were all (5 of us on one couch) cuddled up close, but when the freaky thing happened I had some sort of whole body spasm, I tried to cover my head, burrow down, and my fight-or-flight instinct kicked in (apparently with fight) and I ended up just slamming my fist into FI's crotch.  I felt so bad, I kept apologizing but I also couldn't stop laughing and ended up laughing myself into an asthma attack.

I am so lucky FI did not just call it quits right then.  I think he would have been justified.

• I love scary movies... but it's SO HARD to scare me nowadays.  I've become immune.

I will admit that two movies in recent years freak me out.  The first paranormal activity (2 and 3 were lame, and I haven't seen 4), and Insidious.  Not necessarily what I would call "good" movies, but they both got me really scared to go to sleep at night!

SaveSave
  • I don't do scary movies at all. One of the few things I don't miss about having tv (We currently use Hulu and Netflix for everything to save money) is the trailers for scary movies. Because, yes, I'm so much of a wuss that even the commercials for a scary movie can make me wet the bed.

Meanwhile, who's the masochist that insists on watching all of the "haunted house" documentaries that Discovery and the History Channel put out at Halloween every year knowing she won't sleep until Christmas? Yup.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Ha I LOVE scary movies. They do make me creeped out when home alone sometimes but I still love them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_freaked-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:dad4a2f7-9348-4d36-8811-3cbed60523e3Post:cfbdd42b-8922-4ceb-a0d0-66bdab8be77a">Re:Freaked out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I adore scary movies, but H hates watching them with me and when we do, we have to sit on opposite furniture so I don't beat the bejeezus out of him when I get scared. <strong>I get one scary movie in the theatre a year, on Valentine's day.</strong>
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Best Valentine's Day gift I've seen yet.</div><div>
    </div><div>RamonaFlowers - I only watch Haunted shows if they're about places NOT within my state. Any episode about CT, I wont watch.</div>
  • I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. I love being scared while watching them, but hate afterwards because I scare the crap out of myself. I let my thoughts run wild. 

I can't: have doors open at night, have mirrors up in my room, sleep without the TV being on, walk around with lights off, watch scary movie previews at home alone, leave my foot or arm hanging off of the bed (because, you know, something might grab it), among a lot of other things. 

I'd say I'm probably a bigger chicken than all of you. 
  • Can't do it.  Won't do it.  The images stay in my head for days and mess me up.  I used to hide behind a pillow to watch friday the 13th and freddie krueger so the kids wouldn't make fun of me.  But nowadays I don't even try.  Funny enough I never had much of a problem with vampires and werewolf movies.  It was the sicko ones like Halloween and Texas chainsaw massacre that I could never watch. ugh!
  • I totally agree with the  PP who said they were immune. When I was a teenager, I hated scary movies. Even things like I Know What You Did Last Summer scared the crap out of me. Then my friends dragged me to The Ring and I was so terrified by it that some sort of switch flipped and I started absolutely loving them and never being scared lol. The first Paranormal Activity was the first movie to scare me in years, but I was really disappointed by the second and third. I didn't even know there was a fourth. 

FI is a bit of a wuss with them though, so we rarely watch them. Sometimes I get them from Redbox on the nights he plays his sports. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love horror films! DH could care less, but when I'm working on stuff I like to have background noise and I usually will choose a horror film.

I love being scared, and it's so rare now that a movie will accomplish that. 
  • I absolutely hate scary movies.  The last scary movie I saw was The Ring.  H and I saw it in the theater and right as we took our seats I immediately thought "Why the hell I am going to watch this?  I know I won't sleep for days!"  Needless to say the car ride home sucked because H and I kept thinking that the crazy girl from the well was going to pop up in the back seat.  When I got home I decided to sleep with my tv on for noise and light and when I woke up at 3pm the dang tv was all fuzzy!  I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

I do, however, love watching Ghost Adventures and The Dead Files on the Travel Channel.  To me those aren't scary but interesting.  Some stuff that they capture really makes you wonder.

• I watch Residents Evil ( a zombie movie based on a video game) when I was about 14 and I haven't been able to watch a scary movie since. It was traumatizing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards