New York-Long Island

can't decide on venue!

we are trying to decide between 2 places...the Woodbury Country Club and the Hamlet Wind Watch. they are both at the same price point. The WCC has to be on a saturday afternoon and the HWW we could do a friday night.  just don't know which one to choose...anyone been to both?

Re: can't decide on venue!

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011

been to woodbury CC which is lovely and i ALWAYS prefer saturday over friday nights.
    no idea about hamlet or where it is.

• edited December 2011
    i just looked at the WCC two weeks ago.  The outside was really nice but was not very impressed with the rooms.  I didn't like the layout of them.  Their pricing was also over my budget for a Friday night. 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Are you def. sure it's between those two venues?

My sister will be getting married this weekend at Dowling Vanderbilt Mansion. I have seen a ton of wedding venues but when I did her bridal portraits there I feel in love with her place.

I think it's worth checking out if it's in your budget.

Good luck, let us know what you decide!

Stacey

You got the ring. You have the man. Life is good. Now what? Document it. The crazy, the fun, and the happy moments that make up your lives. Check out my work, or give me a call and well gossip about all of your fun details for the "BIG" day! Thanks so much for considering, Stacey www.showandtellphotography.com www.showandtellphotography.blogspot.com
  • edited December 2011

Go with the venue that offers Saturday night. I had my wedding on a Friday and really wish I could've had it on Saturday - price be dam*ed. Saturday guarantees less cancellations and no-shows.

• edited December 2011

Fridays are cheaper - and the people who need to be there will be there no matter when you do it. my cousin got married on a thursday evening and that place was packed. you'll always have a few cancellations regardless of day but don't let that make your decision. which one was breath taking? which one makes you feel like this is it..this is the beginning of the next chapter of my life - and then go with it.

mine was oheka castle - but 1 they are too expensive and 2 they have a cap of 150...i'm having about 220 at my wedidng.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards