Favors

Opinions Needed!

We are doing pint glasses as our wedding favor.  My fiance made the image below, which will be on the pint glass.  What I'm not sure about it the font (It says DeCarr's Pub-  Does the D look like an O?)  And is there too much going on in the coat of arms?  (1st square is our monogram, 2nd and 3rd are our favorite baseball teams- our tables are going to have a baseball theme and then 4th- we are both irish)

Opinions please :o)

Re: Opinions Needed!

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're not going to want to hear this, but I'm going to give it to you straight.  Most people do not want one glass that doesn't match their other glasses, that nonetheless commemorates a date they may or may not think is important.  Personalized favors of this type tend to be left behind, and then you've spent a lot of money on something that you really liked that wasn't well-received. 

Edible favors are usually appreciated, but if you're going to go with a non-consumable for the household, then skip the personalization.
  • SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I'm with PP on this one. I collect different pint glasses but I wouldn't enjoy one that had someone's wedding date plastered all over it.

Also, I'm not sure if DeCarr is your last name but you might want to consider removing it for privacy reasons.
  • edited December 2011
    To answer your question - The D does look like an O to me. 

As far as personalized glasses - this is the best design I've seen and one that I would consider keeping. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FennLA94FennLA94 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PP- thanks for answering the question.

I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom of my post, so here it is-

**I would only like your opinions on the image itself- NOT your opinions on favors.
    Thank you in advance :o)
  • edited December 2011
    The D def looks like an O. Is there another pub-style script he can try?

I think the shield looks good. But if you want to declutter it, could he make it 3 sections? One long section across the top with ur monogram centered. The curve of the D could fit into the curve of the top of the shield. Then just have your baseball logos on the bottom? To me that would still accomplish your theme but look less cluttered.

Either way, very unique! Good luck!
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    The D does look like an O. Also, the e looks like a c to me and the b in Pub looks like an O. I read it as "OcCarr's Puo."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the coat of arms, though. Very cute! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards