Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

NKY reception locations...on a budget!!!!

Was unable to find a nky board so figured Cincy knotties would be my best bet!! My FI and I have been engaged for an eternity ( 5.5 years..- yea I know, lol) We FINALLY decided that it was time and we weren't going to let anything get in our way...something ALWAYS comes up!! :(
Anyway I have searched the web and am looking all over for a reception venue..off the beaten path. I would LOVE an outdoor wedding but in June that is a little chancy, so Im ok with indoor but not looking for an all inclusive. I would like to DIY! I am a photographer, therefore have many snapworthy friends!! I have an old friend who has offered to DJ at LOW cost. And in recent years I have became quite the baker!! I make cakes for all occasions, just to practice, and I know I can make it AMAAAzing!! So most importantly I am looking for a venue, the rest will all fall into place. I would like something nice and clean, I have no idea what my colors are gonna be because I wanted to wait to coordinate with the venue...with all of my $$ saving I want to be able to really dress it up, so really looking for a place, civic center, community center, park gathering house big enough to accommodate 100 and did I mention Cheap?? LOL Can anyone recommend a location and if not , is there a better board I should be on that I am unaware of?? Thanks ;))

Re: NKY reception locations...on a budget!!!!

• Options
    itsriaitsria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try the southgate community center. It has huge windows and really is not bad. with a little love you should be able to make it awesome. 
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you want to stay in Kentucy or is Cincinnati okay?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone once told me about the Ft Thomas community center.  They said its super cheap and highly sought after.  I never checked it out myself, but it might be worth checking into.  :)  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the Leapin Lizard? Not exactly clean, but definitely off the beaten path.
    It's in Covington and is an art studio-type venue that used to be a church.
    COOL place!
  • Options
    brideofnocerobrideofnocero member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas, I have looked at all of those places actually and nothing has quite caught my eye yet.. :( Southgate is very pretty but has strict rules about vendors.. Ft Thomas Community center is already booked for the ENTIRE wedding saeson of 2011, so yes very sought after LOL and the leapin Lizard was a little too modern for me, I would love something coutry or rustic but I guess if I find a place for the right price I can always bring that in , with my decor!!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and Cincy area..Amelia, Anderson, somewhere close would be fine just not too far North! thanks
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Anderson Community Center hosts weddings.  The bulding is only about two years old, though, so it might be too modern for you.  You can check out the township website for information.

I know the Legendary Run Golf club rents out their facility for weddings, meetings, etc.  I don't know the cost, but it might be worth checking out if it's not too far away from your target area (it's close to Amelia).
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and another place in Amelia is R Place.  It might not be quite what you're looking for, but they have a website with pictures.  It's nothing fancy but if you're going to go all out for decorations, it might work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ft Wright Civic Center is pretty nice once you dress it up. The rental fee is under $500 also. I have been to receptions there and I even plan to use it for mine.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out R place, wasnt really digging the basketball ct, but I sent a request anyway. Thanks! Ft. Wright Civic Ctr might be an option as well, I will look it up, thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a really cool place in Devou Park where you can have a wedding - Behringer/Crawford Museum. I'm not sure about the specifics but it's definitely off the beaten path and very interesting...and you can get married outside!  http://www.bcmuseum.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=7

There is also Twin Oaks Golf Course that is inexpensive and nice. The Embassy Suites in Covington is beautiful (City View Room) and you can get married on their terrace overlooking the city & Suspension bridge. Jessica Emerine is so helpful & nice to work with (that's where we got married & had our reception).

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It may be in Ohio, but I'm attending a wedding in September for the Little Red School House in Indian Hill.  It is definitely not a normal place, but it's cheap, has outdoor and indoor space (although it would be tight for 100), and you can bring in your own vendors.  There aren't pics inside online, but it's basically wood floor with those curved windows. 
    http://www.indianhill.org/History/Hist009.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you have the same requirements for a reception location that I do in NKY and I haven't been able to find a place yet :(  -- Most of the civic and community centers in NKY are newer and not historic so they are a bit lacking in charm.

BUUUT, here are some of the places I have looked into:

Livingston Lodge in Indian Hill
    (but if you don't live in Indian Hill you have to have a sponsor who is present for the entire event that lives in Indian Hill).  I think it's only like $300 to rent or something like that.
    http://www.ci.indian-hill.oh.us/departments/public-works-lodge.htm

Hamilton County Lodges
    Lakeside is really gorgeous!
    http://www.greatparks.org/reservations/lodges.htm#

Junior League of Cincinnati: Columbia Center
    This is right on Columbia Pkwy, not too far from NKY.  It's only $120 an hour to rent and you can bring in all your own food + alcohol.  The rental fee includes tables and chairs and their staff does all the set up and break down.  It's a really pretty ballroom!
    http://www.jlcincinnati.org/cincinnati/npo.jsp?pg=about3

Heritage Village Park
    This is sort of far - in Sharonville - but the entire park looks intriguing and there are several options for rentals.  Plus, the fees seem reasonable.
    http://www.heritagevillagecincinnati.org/wedding.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Benchmark in Bellevue?
  • Options
    catiewaltoncatiewalton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Little Britain Carriage House has a VERY rustic ambience to it.
    http://www.littlebritainfarmcarriagehouse.com/_sgg/f10000.htm

Also, check out Grandeur Hall at http://www.grandeurhall.com/
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mary,
    You were right Lakeside is gorgeous! Unfortunatly I think my guest list has grown lol
    But I think I amy have found the spot!!! I dont know if you are still looking or where u were looking for but I found a place in Batavia called Pattison Lodge!! Very pretty with outdoor gazebo, bring in ur own alcohol and vendors!! It is too cute, well at least from the pics, have an appt to see it this week!!!! Wish me luck!! & Good luck to you as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pattison Park Lodge & Gazebo is very affordable and super cute! Its not too far from NKY either.  I have gone to a few weddings there and have even booked it for our wedding May 2011. It is really affordable and with no restrictions on vendors/catering it is very flexible! Good luck finding a place! Smile

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d
    BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 please stick LO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards