Just Engaged and Proposals

A ring!

My FI and I got engaged 2 years ago, but due to our situation, we decided to have a long (4-5 year!) engagement. We also decided that because our engagement was going to be long, we would wait to spend our funds on wedding-related items. This included the famous engagement ring. We knew we were engaged. our families and friends knew it, so there was no point.

But, now halfway through our engagement, we have entered the planning phase! I said at the beginning of our engagement I wanted 2 years to work on planning, and now, I have it! Admittedly, I have already spent a lot of time thinking, researching, and consulting him about what we want for the wedding. Haha~

Anyway, with the initiation of the planning phase, the engagement ring is finally bought! I am thrilled at what we chose and just had to share. I finally feel like I'm engaged. We bought a yellow gold fashion ring (which makes for much cheaper and (IMO) more unique rings) with a lily on it. We currecntly have plans to take it into a jeweller and replace the clear diamonds set into it with blue diamonds and emeralds.

I will probably post pictures once we take it in and get it fixed up! I am so excited!

Re: A ring!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_ring-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:49b50059-c3d2-4567-ad31-593681551b42Post:4a0b5f53-4f64-4277-8744-8a5ebd56d3e3">Re: A ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!  Your ring sounds very unique and special.  Please post a pic on the "show off your rings" thread when you can.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed! I would love to see it :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!</div>
  • The ring sounds gorgeous!
  • Congratulations!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited May 2011
    Thank you, everyone! We actually ordered it online, so we are still awaiting its arrival. After which, we will be taking it to the jeweller. I will be sure to post it once we get it back. :)

This is the website's image of the ring.

I think it fits us perfectly. I am planning on speaking with the jeweller privately about making a more masculine band for my FI inspired by this design with his favourite flower engraved into the center of the band.
  • Gorgeous! I love unique e-rings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards