Ohio-Cincinnati

Who are the less expensive wedding dress designers?

I'm beginning my wedding dress search by looking at bridal designers' collections online.  Who are the "less expensive" wedding dress designers?

I'm trying to avoid David's Bridal, and I'm not convinced that I'll fit into a sample size gown.

TIA!

Re: Who are the less expensive wedding dress designers?

• airair44airair44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mori Lee has some less expensive gowns but probably not quite as inexpensive as davids bridal.  There is also a store called bridal n tux in Dayton that is a dress superstore.  It was recommended to me but I did not get the chance to check it out as I found my dress on my first outing to Wendy's Bridal.  They have very inexpensive gowns and I noticed they carry at least one designer that I saw at Wendy's  as well (Bonny). I am not a designer dress expert by any means but I figured that since Wendys carries a lot of high end dresses, it must be a decent quality designer. 

Their website is www.romanticgowns.com
    Good luck!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Forever Yours (around $600)
    Alfred Angelo (under $1k)
    Mori Lee (in and around $1k)
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You might still look at the clearance racks at bridal shops for discontinued gowns or bigger size sample gowns....I just bought my dress this week on a clearance rack and they had sizes all the way up to 16.

You can also look for dresses on TK that are labeled as $ (less than $600) and note who those designers are.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    My dress was Romantic Gowns brand that I purchased at Madison Avenue Bridal (who has since closed down). I LOVED my dress and it was around $600 with some changes I had them make.

Bridal and Formal has a huge selection also and they will be able to help you find a dress in your budget and often they give a discount as well.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is a WToo for Watters gown....they have some that are less expensive. i have two friends who purchased off the rack and had them altered. They were very inexpensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards