Wedding Etiquette Forum

I love how everyone thinks they get invited......

seriously.....I haven't seen or talked to u in nine months....why would I invite u to my las Vegas wedding? Why do people already assume they'll be coming....."omigawdddd I can't wait for ur wedding"

I'll see u when we get back.....maybe. Probably not tho.

Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:be2f0c47-e708-4145-bdd9-da351d35e923">I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]seriously.....I haven't seen or talked to u in nine months....why would I invite u to my las Vegas wedding? Why do people already assume they'll be coming....."omigawdddd I can't wait for ur wedding" I'll see u when we get back.....maybe. Probably not tho.
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

<div>Why would you abbreviate "you" to "u?" It's two extra letters and it doesn't cost anyone anything to type them. And one period is sufficient to end a sentence. I don't get this. An o and a y are too much, but you'll type extra, unnecessary periods. </div>
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • edited June 2012
    Cool.  

And this is a message post on a forum, not a text message.  You might be confusing the two.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If that's the way you talk to people, I'd be surprised that too many of your so-called "friends" are disappointed that they're not being invited to your swanky Las Vegas wedding.  You sound pleasant.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:72b75412-bc11-47fc-8168-32bc3515c0aa">Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I love how everyone thinks they get invited...... : Why would you abbreviate "you" to "u?" It's two extra letters and it doesn't cost anyone anything to type them. And one period is sufficient to end a sentence. I don't get this. An o and a y are too much, but you'll type extra, unnecessary periods. 
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

<div>I usually assume that when people put "ur" it means they don't know the difference between you and you're.  </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think that's a stellar idea Rach. I like djranks. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Bay....I know right....why would they wanna come? It's crazy :-) Milkdud....totally
  • OP, I'll ignore your text-speak and odd spelling and address what I think your post is about. (This is a guess because there doesn't seem to be an actual question.)

People think they are invited because they are 1) excited, 2) stupid and 3) rude to assume as such. 

They will be oh-so-disappointed when their mailboxes come up empty. Oh well. 
  • I hate the awkward "oh yeah....about that" moment. I'll just smile and nod from now on

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:66a389e5-5540-4b60-a5dd-e5fd567da323">Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP, I'll ignore your text-speak and odd spelling and address what I think your post is about. (This is a guess because there doesn't seem to be an actual question.) People think they are invited because they are 1) excited, 2) stupid and 3) rude to assume as such.  They will be oh-so-disappointed when their mailboxes come up empty. Oh well. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:50177e09-345b-4378-ab09-d8f752cba5d9">Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate the awkward "oh yeah....about that" moment. I'll just smile and nod from now on n Response to Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited...... :
    What were you doing before?
    You weren't actually telling them they weren't invited?
    Awkwardsauce.
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:c49ff1eb-7859-40a3-93dd-cd5d939f272f">Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited...... : What were you doing before? <strong>You weren't actually telling them they weren't invited? Awkwardsauce.</strong>
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Gads, I hope not! Just because someone is rude and presumptuous doesn't mean you get to be rude back! </div><div>
    </div><div>Edited for spelling. But it still looks weird to me.</div>
  • Crash- I was saying "we are actually going to Vegas with closest friends and family....real small"......and somehow people think they fit in that category. I thought saying that would be hint enough.....apparently not,. There is no mention of an invite whatsoever....a lot of people have just assumed theyre coming. I try not to mention anything at all about when and where, fiancé isnt so good at that. I mean seriously......we were friends in 9th grade, we talk occasionally now (on Facebook), and haven't hung out in forever, and I don't even know your husbands name! Maybe people just say it to be nice.
  • In Response to Re:I love how everyone thinks they get invited......:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......:Crash I was saying "we are actually going to Vegas with closest friends and family....real small"......and somehow people think they fit in that category. I thought saying that would be hint enough.....apparently not,. There is no mention of an invite whatsoever....a lot of people have just assumed theyre coming. I try not to mention anything at all about when and where, fianceacute; isnt so good at that. I mean seriously......we were friends in 9th grade, we talk occasionally now on Facebook, and haven't hung out in forever, and I don't even know your husbands name! Maybe people just say it to be nice.Posted by soontobehasrouniHey......what's up with.....the extraneous.....ellipses........I don't think.........you know how to use.....them.nbsp; Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Abbreviating words is much less annoying than elipses over use.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oookay then. This is weird. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:dc3370bf-0939-44aa-a961-a1b53cd93ce8">Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe people just say it to be nice.

No they just want to go to Vegas and you're the ticket, because you're paying for everyone right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-how-everyone-thinks-they-get-invited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fbe76f5-b1db-4cef-9493-4f2918424f7bPost:dc3370bf-0939-44aa-a961-a1b53cd93ce8">Re: I love how everyone thinks they get invited......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crash- I was saying "we are actually going to Vegas with closest friends and family....real small"......and somehow people think they fit in that category. I thought saying that would be hint enough.....apparently not,. There is no mention of an invite whatsoever....a lot of people have just assumed theyre coming. I try not to mention anything at all about when and where, fiancé isnt so good at that. I mean seriously......we were friends in 9th grade, we talk occasionally now (on Facebook), and haven't hung out in forever, and I don't even know your husbands name! Maybe people just say it to be nice.

Did you post anything even remotely wedding-related on Facebook?  Anything posted on there is fair game, especially when it comes to weddings. 
    Anniversary
  • I am a guilty one of typing in text format sometimes.  I use my phone for posts on occasion, surely people understand you are going to have typos, especially if you are in a hurry..But back to the original post, I have some people who I haven't talked to in a long time, we do not hang out anymore or whatever, they hear I am getting married and want to come..well, sorry, I have it booked for only 100 and inviting my closest friends, family and some of my Mom's co-workers and friends. 
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • i am feeling the love.....

i think why i love the save the dates.........

"i am sorry,there is no room in the inn..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards