Flowers

How much did YOUR wedding flowers cost?

Hey ladies!!!

So origionally we budgeted $500 for wedding flowers... nothing fancy, just very simple. We thought this was a good price. However, the first two prices we were given were $1300 and now $850. The higher price is a professional, well-known florist and the 2nd price is home-based florist.

We are asking for: 1 bridal bouquet, 6 bridesmaids, 20 centerpieces, 6 groom flowers, 4 grandparents, and 4 parents. Remember, VERY SIMPLE!

My question is.... did we just under-estimate our flower budget or should I keep looking??? How much did you pay for all of your wedding flowers????

Re: How much did YOUR wedding flowers cost?

• edited December 2011
    You definitely underestimated the cost of flowers. $500 is not even realistic. You got very good quotes.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you underestimated.  My centerpieces were very simple and by bouquet wasn't outrageous or anything and my cost was $1250.  We had 2 less BM and 2 less GM, half the number of centerpieces and 3 less grandparents.  But we did have a gazebo arrangement, cocktail hour arrangement, and two buffet arrangements. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    It's the centerpieces that are tipping the scales.  Floral centerpieces are not cheap!  We had bridal, 3 bridesmaids, MOB/MOG nosegays, 5 bouts, 20 centerpieces, 2 ceremony arrangements and a small cake topper and it cost us just at 1500.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011

This will vary per location.. we only paid $405 for our wedding flowers but our centerpieces aren't through the florist and aren't flowers.. The price would have been 1000+ im sure with centerpieces

• edited December 2011
    We are doing our own flowers and have budgeted about $500 and think we will have some left over... My step father used to make bouquets in a gift shop so we are set. look into do it yourself if you have any interest. My good friend is also doing her own flowers and her mom and FMIL are taking care of them.

good luck
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry, but i think you underestimated if you do not plan to do your own flowers.

we are having:
    1 bridal bouquet (and toss bouquet)
    4 bridesmaids bouquets
    2 mother bouquets
    5 bouts
    12 centerpieces
    scattered rose petals on cake table.

our total was just under $1000.  that includes the 15% discount because the florist often works with our venue.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011

We paid about $1350.00
    i had 18 center peices
    7 bouts
    2 wrist corsages
    2 Pin on corsagess
    Isle Runner
    2 Cermony arrangements
    3 Bridesmaids Bouquets
    My Bouquet & a toss Bouquet
    a wicker basket for my Bubbles
    Flowers for my cake
    and a special centerpeice for our table.

my first quote from a dif florist was $800.00 more for less things and it wasnt even what i really wanted,i found a great florist that gave me all this and was way cheaper,so def shop around dont go with your 1st quote.

• edited December 2011
    WOW! I'm surprised that your quote was as low as $1300 with that many things.

My price was originally priced at $2400 but I got her(professional florist) down to $1500 after delivery and tax. The original quote had 13 centerpieces but I dropped it to 6 so that I could alternate flower centerpieces and candle centerpieces. I got: 1 bridal bouquet, 5 BMs, 9 bouts, 2 moms bouquets, 3 grandmother corsages, 2 altar pieces, 6 centerpieces.

We are reusing the BM bouquets on some tables; i'm also doing cheaper versions of my flowers in the alter pieces and centerpieces to save money (i.e. using mngo calla lilies in my bouquet but circus roses in centerpieces and altar pieces).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! I am the first one to get married in my family (my parents eloped) so we really had no idea about the price of things when we started. This was very helpful though in making our decision.

• edited December 2011
    We spent 1500.
    - Bridal Bouquet
    - Tossing Bouquet
    - 4 BMS Bouquets (Med Size)
    - 2 Jr BMS Bouquets (Small)
    - 5 Grooms and Groomsmen Bout.
    - 2 "Dads" Bout.
    - 2 Mother's Bout.
    - 1 Grandpa Bout.
    - 1 Godfather Bout.
    - 2 Grandmothers Bout.
    - 1 Godmother
    -Flower Girl mini bouquet
    - 2 Usher Bout.
    - 1 Program Person Bout.
    - 1 Bout for Girl handing out Bubbles.
    - 2 Reader Bout.
    - 2 Bout for ppl bringing up the gifts
    - 15 Tall Centerpieces arrangements
    - 24 roses for sunken rose small centerpiece

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. :-)

• budvar1012budvar1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm cheap and poor, what a  winning combination.Yell
     I ordered 250 white roses and 150  white carnations from the bulk floral dept at Sam's club for about $250--we'll be doing our own arrangements with feathers and making my bouquet as well. I don't have any flowers for B-maids as I have no Bridesmaid(s) and we're not doing boutinierre's. I've watched videos on flower arranging on youtube, etc and I really think it will be fine and will have some nice continuity to have the same flowers repeated through out the reception area. making bouquets appears not to be too difficult, though I'll find out for sure soon enough, haha.
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
  • edited December 2011
    I voted $400-600.  But I am DIYing everything.  It will cost just under $500 for JUST the flowers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got a quote for 1900

Included are:
    16 center pieces
    1 bridal bouquet- all roses
    5 BM bouquets
    5 groomsmen bouts
    2 dads bouts
    3 reader bouts
    5 coursaiges
    2 mini bouquets- moms
    flower girl
    bows for aisles
    one large peice for the table with seating arrangement cards
  • edited December 2011

$435 - Majority roses and filler

Bride $185 13 roses
    MOH $75 13 roses

BM $75 13 roses

3 Bout/4single stem roses $70

• edited December 2011
    DIY it! I did my bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 7 nosegays (for the moms/sisters/gma), 6 small buckets to line the aisle and multiple vases on each table- 14 tables!- for $500!

Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the centerpieces are whats killing your budget. How set are you on a floral centerpiece?

We are paying just under $300 for: (I thought it was expensive)
    Bridal Bouquet
    Toss Bouquet
    2 Bridesmaids Bouquet
    5 Mom/Grandmom Corsages
    2 Female Helper Corsages (sister, close friend not in wp)
    Grooms Bout.
    3 Groomsmen Bout.
    4 Usher Bouts.
    4 Dads/Granddad Bout

Our NONFLORAL centerpieces will be about $150-$200 more if your trying to compare apples to apples.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I wish I would have known better when I did my wedding. We paid 3500$ for our flowers. But worth every penny I had TONS of roses, mini lillies, and orchids everywhere. LOVED it!
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest cutting out the floral centerpieces. You can do plenty of other non-floral options and it'll cut your cost a ton.
    We have a very small flower bduget ourselves, so we're not doing floral centerpieces and we're looking into just making our own bouqets from silk flowers from a craft store. The boutonnieres we will probably get from a florist.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone that you underestimated. I am planning $500 for just wedding party flowers, very simple and no centerpieces or other decor items. Most bridal bouquets alone, at least in mid-MO, will run about $100. Then you figure a little more than half that for each BM, $20 or so for the groom and each GM. It's easy to rack up $500 quickly.

We are doing non-floral centerpieces because of the cost. I would say if you want to stick to your budget for flowers take out those centerpieces and do something with candles instead.
  • gamingangelgamingangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a great forum piece. I just got a second quote from a second company and their price went up from $1800 to $4000. I almost died. Now I'm looking at ways to do the centerpieces myself to try and save money.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards