Snarky Brides

Morning!

Who's here?  What are you up to today?

I'm at work again.  H and I were thinking of going to the corn maze today (the last day it was supposed to be open) but now it's raining and snowing outside so I don't think it'll be open :(
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Morning!

• Hi there! We just got back from our weekend in the mountains. It was awesome. I wish I was still there. Now, I've got to finish our laundry and get the house back in order. Then trick or treating!
  • Morning :)

I'm here for a bit, uploading photos to facebook. Nothing fun planned for today. 
  • A weekend in the mountains sounds lovely.  You're going to take a picture of Ben in his Red Ranger costume for us, right?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Of course! Or, I may just post the pictures from last year or the year before since it's the same costume ;).

Also, getting away for a couple of days has made me realized how overworked and under appreciated I am (I know you feel my pain, B). It sucks.
  • I'm so glad you got that chance to go away, and yes, I feel your pain.  H and I are looking at taking a vacation sometime in the near future because his boss is pushing him to use his time and I still have a week left.  I'm so excited and it's just half a thought at this point.  I really need a vacation.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I'm here recovering from a bout of the flu. I woke up yesterday so sick. I think I was able to keep down a few crackers, and I stayed in bed all day. Still have a slight mindnumbing headace. But I think I'll be fine.

DH leaves for a business trip in Florida in a few hours. I'm so glad he was here to take care of me yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry about the flu, Kd.  That sucks :(
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks B, is it wrong I was more upset because I couldnt get on the knot. I'm an addict right?

Well we thought it might have been the drinks we had the night before, but as the day went on we realized it was more then that.

CEW-Glad you're back. I worried about you with the storms.
  • Ha!  I think we all have a bit of knot addict in us :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Good morning, Ladies.  Not much going on here.  Bike ride, bbq some burgers, then get ready for the TorT-ers.  Since the weather is nice, we'll probably get a decent number of kids this year.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • - B- work on a Sunday? ick.  

-Hope you feel better soon KD!

-Cew- how was the Crock Pot?? Did you make lots of delicious things all week? :)

I'm here. FI had his bach party last night, and I think he might actually be a little hungover.  Part of me is laughing, because he never never gets hungover (jealous.) Woke up this morning to weird white stuff all over the parking lot/grass when I took the dog outside. Thought it was snow. Nope. That weird sh.t they use to put out fires.  A car exploded in our parking lot, right next to the building.  Best part? It's the family who we've seen deal drugs a few times.... I'm guessing it wasn't an accident.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:bb178373-c5b6-4d9c-b334-70100460f037">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning, Ladies.  Not much going on here.  Bike ride, bbq some burgers, then get ready for the TorT-ers.  Since the weather is nice, we'll probably get a decent number of kids this year. Have a great day, everyone!
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Les- How do you feel about living in Denver?
  • Steph- Yup, I had all my Q3 stuff done, but then Thursday the boss threw a bunch of stuff at me and the only way to get it done was pulling OT this weekend (numbers are due tomorrow).  I'm a bit pissed that I'm the only one working this weekend, though.  I was in for almost 5 hour yesterday.

At least I have Little Steven's Breakfast with the Beatles to keep me company.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:cb86493d-4fd9-46e0-b5a7-b4aa61d4581f">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Les- How do you feel about living in Denver?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

kd - We're an hour south of Denver, in Colorado Springs.  I love it here, and Denver is close by if we want a little 'big city' experience.  We're at the base of Pikes Peak (14,110 feet elevation), so we can be hiking in the foothills in less than 30 minutes if we want to get outdoors.  Our summers are short, but very nice, and it rarely gets to 90*.  Snow isn't too bad, since the sun is almost always out (even if it's 0*) and it goes away between storms.  Decent restaurants and things to do, and most of the big concerts and events come to Denver.  Plus, the Broncos, Nuggets, and Avalance games.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:e527edf9-9a78-4490-ae38-6688436ee27c">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : kd - We're an hour south of Denver, in Colorado Springs.  I love it here, and Denver is close by if we want a little 'big city' experience.  We're at the base of Pikes Peak (14,110 feet elevation), so we can be hiking in the foothills in less than 30 minutes if we want to get outdoors.  Our summers are short, but very nice, and it rarely gets to 90*.  Snow isn't too bad, since the sun is almost always out (even if it's 0*) and it goes away between storms.  Decent restaurants and things to do, and most of the big concerts and events come to Denver.  Plus, the Broncos, Nuggets, and Avalance games.

<div>and Colorado College hockey! :)  But, um, we kind of kicked their asses last night. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have a really good friend that lives in Colorado Springs, and FI has family there. We're hoping to go out during Christmas.  I've always wanted to visit CO.  :)</div>
  • KD! So sorry that you were sick. Glad you're feeling better. Asspiss is no fun. The storms were crazy. Poor little boo boo head was so scared at school.

Steph - The crock pot turned out okay. I was a dumbass and packed all of our food, but forgot the damn crock pot. Luckily, the cabin had one. I ended up making french dip and I was not impressed. Matt and Ben loved it, but I didn't. I think it had more to do with the fact that I saw it raw. Sometimes, when I see meat when it's raw, it's hard for me to eat it after I cook it. I'm a total weirdo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:9588e828-e705-4854-b24f-d94b228e80be">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : and Colorado College hockey! :)  But, um, we kind of kicked their asses last night.  I have a really good friend that lives in Colorado Springs, and FI has family there. We're hoping to go out during Christmas.  I've always wanted to visit CO.  :)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, CC hockey is so much fun!  I like it better than going to Denver for the big games.  Come on out, Steph - it's a nice city, and you'll enjoy it here.  I recommend a little restaurant downtown called Sonterra.  It's a favorite; we had our RD there.  COKristi would agree.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:e527edf9-9a78-4490-ae38-6688436ee27c">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : kd - We're an hour south of Denver, in Colorado Springs.  I love it here, and Denver is close by if we want a little 'big city' experience.  We're at the base of Pikes Peak (14,110 feet elevation), so we can be hiking in the foothills in less than 30 minutes if we want to get outdoors.  Our summers are short, but very nice, and it rarely gets to 90*.  Snow isn't too bad, since the sun is almost always out (even if it's 0*) and it goes away between storms.  Decent restaurants and things to do, and most of the big concerts and events come to Denver.  Plus, the Broncos, Nuggets, and Avalance games.

Thanks for the info. DH and I just got into a discussion the other night because a head hunter offered him a job in Denver. So it all comes down to where I would be willing to move. I really dont want to be that far west, and I feel like I just got settled here with my job, and I am finally making friends. And right now we are both 3 hours away from our families,(including my son). But I also know we go where the money is, and he is always going to make 5 times my salary or more. And in this case more like 10.

So we'll see what happens.
  • Buuuuuuuut we did go to Tweetsie Railrod and I got 4 kinds of fudge: chocolate, peanut butter, rocky road and chocolate chip cookie dough. Don't hate.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:0b0554b1-507e-4057-a032-c14230b22930">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buuuuuuuut we did go to Tweetsie Railrod and I got 4 kinds of fudge: chocolate, peanut butter, rocky road and chocolate chip cookie dough. Don't hate.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

OMG! See then I would just be sick again.

I'm sorry but I chuckled at the fact that you went through all that and forgot the crockpot.
  • Yum. fudge. And I totally understand about the raw meat thing, Cew.  Especially when I make pot roast.  But then it just smells so damn good, I eat it anyway.

For good measure... here's the car that exploded in the parking lot:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:a018263d-a491-41f4-8ed9-61ce3cfbcae8">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Thanks for the info. DH and I just got into a discussion the other night because a head hunter offered him a job in Denver. So it all comes down to where I would be willing to move. I really dont want to be that far west, and I feel like I just got settled here with my job, and I am finally making friends. And right now we are both 3 hours away from our families,(including my son). But I also know we go where the money is, and he is always going to make 5 times my salary or more. And in this case more like 10. So we'll see what happens.

That's a tough decision.  Would it be for a limited number of years and you'd move back?  Or a more permanent move?  I moved here in a company merger, and had never been here before my househunting trip.  But it's worked out well for me and my daughters (well, obviously, since I met DH).  Good luck with the decision - let me know if you need more info about the area.
    PS - Sorry about the flu, kd.  I hate being sick on a weekend. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:645154c8-b4ea-4d21-926b-b3ab0b331cfb">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yum. fudge. And I totally understand about the raw meat thing, Cew.  Especially when I make pot roast.  But then it just smells so damn good, I eat it anyway. For good measure...<strong> here's the car that exploded in the parking lot</strong>:
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

WTF? What happened?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:73489df6-ca45-41e7-aa4d-801c43318a4b">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : WTF? What happened?

Holy crap!  Yeah, what happened?
  • Holy crap, Steph!
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:56cc509f-9f33-4b95-95bb-76f8c260bdc4">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : That's a tough decision.  Would it be for a limited number of years and you'd move back?  Or a more permanent move?  I moved here in a company merger, and had never been here before my househunting trip.  But it's worked out well for me and my daughters (well, obviously, since I met DH).  Good luck with the decision - let me know if you need more info about the area. PS - Sorry about the flu, kd.  I hate being sick on a weekend. 

Thanks Les- No it would be more along the lines of how long DH wants to stay. I knew when I met him he tends to move a lot. This is the longest he's stayed anywhere. But he didnt give me all the information when we talked the other night. It was more of a how would you feel about moving to Denver?
    Not hey a head hunter called me and offered me X amount of money in Denver. And then he tells me he gets these calls all the time, well ty for telling me all this dear!
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Morning ladies!

Yesterday was a rough day, my mom called me in the morning and let me know that her brother passed away. He's been very sick for two plus years now, alcohol relate pancreatitus, and he finally lost the battle. I've never heard my mom crying like that, she was hysterical saying she felt like her heart had been ripped out of her chest. This is her last sibling to pass, her other brother passed when he was just 28 of alcohol related disease as well. I feel awful. I've distanced myself from him to the point that I didn't know he was *this* bad because of my anger with him for putting my mom, his wife, and my cousins through all this. I can't tell you the last time I spoke to him.
    I had an appointment to go dress shopping and I was going to cancel, but everyone told me to keep it, and my mom actually ended up coming too. She was ok later in the day, held it together alright, but she's heartbroken.
    So to cheer her up a little I'm going to get Abbey in her Halloween costume and Fi and I will bring her over to her house to make laugh.
    At some point this week I suppose we'll be going down to Georgia for the memorial service. We may need to drive down because mom has blood clots in her legs. On the plus side FI is being amazing, offering to take of work and go to GA with me, giving lots of hugs when I need them etc. She's the best.

I think I'll go rake the lawn to get my mind off things. Later chicas.

Photobucket
  • Aw K- I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I too just lost a sister to the same thing a few years ago. And I understand what you are going through. I did the same thing distancing myself from all of it, till the end.By then she didnt know I was there.

Just be there for your mother, as I know you will. I'm glad your FI is helping you through this. You are lucky.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c4705e2-fff4-4e3d-98b9-4103928b9f5fPost:0b0554b1-507e-4057-a032-c14230b22930">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buuuuuuuut we did go to Tweetsie Railrod and I got 4 kinds of fudge: chocolate, peanut butter, rocky road and chocolate chip cookie dough. Don't hate.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

My mom's bff in college married the train conductor at Tweetsie.  I got to ride with him in the train so many times (and skip the line) when I was Ben's age.  It was awesome. 
  • Not sure what happened with the car.  I went out this morning at 5 to let the dog pee, and that's what I found. The Fire Marshall was there taking pictures of it too. Said it happened at like 4 this morning?  

FI and I are pretty sure the people that own that car are drug dealers though. Like we've seen a few sketchy conversations in the parking lot.  I'm guessing cars don't just spontaneously combust when it's 30 degrees outside and the car is off, but whatever.  Just another reason to move.... our neighborhood has gone so downhill in the last year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards