Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Candy Buffet Help!

I want to do a candy buffet at my wedding and find that I can save a little cash if I do it myself. Any tips on buying bulk candy? Is it worth saving money and doing it myself? Any tips will be appreciated.

Re: Candy Buffet Help!

• Options
    I've read that you should budget for 1/2 pound candy per person.  I think it does get it expensive when you do it yourself, because you need to buy a bunch of containers and scoops.  You could always price it out yourself and also call graceful events and ask about their pricing.  I know they do candy buffets for sure.  http://graceful-events.com/
  • Options
    When is your wedding? What colors are you trying to do? I had a friend who did a candy buffet for relatively cheap but she didn't care about doing specific colors, and she started buying the candy well in advance. I think she got her containers from dollar tree or another dollar store.  After each holiday candy usually goes on sale from that holiday - Valentines is coming up so if you are okay with a lot of red/ pink you could stock up after that. Or pastels after Easter.  She got a lot of M&Ms and things like that by buying out the walgreens or cvs in her area the day after the holiday when the candy was 50 or 75% off, and then got bulk things of  licorice, sour things, and chocolate and yogurt covered pretzels from Costco (you'd have to do Sam's here). I think they let her take back the unopened containers she didn't use, or at least she was planning to do that. 

You also need some kind of bags for people to put the candy in so factor that into your budget, as well as someone to refill the containers throughout the night. You can also get bulk candy on Amazon really cheap if you keep an eye on the prices, but make sure you can get the free shipping or it can get expensive to do that.
  • Options
    If you want a price quote to see how much it would be to have someone do the candy buffet for you, get in touch with the ladies at Tie the Knot bridal shop.  I believe one of the owners does candy buffets.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards