Wedding Etiquette Forum

Which plane of TK universe are you on?

Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?

• I was just talking to a coworker about the last basketball game I watched - it was 1993 playoffs, Lakers Vs. Suns...  The only reason I watched it was because it was on the TV in my sisters hospital room when she was in labor with my niece.  It was suggested she was my daughter the last time I was out with her.  Talk about feeling old... 

Adamar, do you have the stuff for nachos at home?  Could help your Mexican craving in pinch. 

• I don't like Mexican at all... FI loves it. He never eats it anymore because i won't go. I tell him to go with a friend, but he just never does.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    I don't like Mexican either Angel. My stomach is too sensitive. Plus I'm not a fan of food that is all mixed together in tastes. 

I'm learning about debits and credits and they are not at all what I thought debits and credits were. CONFUSED. 
  • You don't like Mexican? Anything? Really? Surprised 
  • Haha yes, really. Tacos, burritos, fajitas, it's all gross. I don't like the flavors at all.
  • I like salsa, on tortilla chips. That is really the only latin food that I like. 
  • I'm a SUPER picky eater though. Like, J gets frustrated with me on almost a daily basis for what I won't eat. I don't push it onto other people though. If I go somewhere with people, I don't make them go somewhere that has something I will eat. I just deal and get a salad if there isn't anything else. 
  • Haha I annoy my group of friends with what I won't eat, I think. I'm pretty picky as well, although we have another friend who's even pickier than me. My friend's rehearsal dinner choices are duck, lamb and swordfish, I think... I don't eat any of those things.
  • swordfish sort of tastes like steak
  • I think refried beans were considered baby food growing up in my house.  What's funny is that I'm still a major wimp when it comes to spicy foods though. 
  • Well those are kind of obscure meat choices anyway. I can't think of many people who routinely talk about eating any of those. 
  • edited May 2012
    Mmm I'd actually totally eat the duck if it was roasted. I've never tried it any other way though. I'm pretty open about eating new meats actually. But I have a pretty bland palate. I don't like Asian, Latin, or African foods as a whole. Which cuts out a LOT of food, haha. And I usually hate when two tastes mix together, with some exceptions. 

ETA: And no seafood either. Nope. 
  • Aryn, they are obscure. I can't believe she did that. At least it's not the choices for the actual wedding, just the rehearsal dinner. I will be having steak at the wedding.

I won't eat lamb on principle, so I've never had it. I actually wish I could just give up meat, but it's so tasty. I've never had duck either, but I have a feeling that's what I'll end up getting of those 3 choices.
  • Duck is pretty good. I was surprised at how much I liked it.
  • I have scoops and some old salsa.  I don't think that's going to cut it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I remember liking duck as a child and I was pretty picky so I'm sure you'll like it. 
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I love lamb and duck (done properly, of course).  Swordfish I won't eat.  Too much mercury and usually cooked too dry.
  • Lamb is so delicious.  I just try not to think about what I'm eating.  I'm going to hell, I know.

• Other than the standard beef, poultry & pig meats, I've also had: duck, elk, deer, goose, and lamb. 
  • I just got sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

• I won't eat deer, lamb, veal or anything from a pig. I also won't do super obscure tings like ostrich and alligator. Basically I stick to chicken, turkey and beef. And sushi. We all know how I love sushi.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    And I love Mexican food.  I think angel hasn't had good Mexican.  I've been told that it's no good above the Mason-Dixon line, maybe if you had the good stuff, you'd change your mind.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I was sorted into Slytherin. I didn't feel too good about that, at all. I actually thought I'd be a Hufflepuff, haha.

ETA - Mica, that could be true! I've never had it down south.
  • I'd be stopping at a JITB on the way to that RD Angel.

• Why no pigs or deer?  I can kind of understand the baby animals, but I don't get those two.

• Hi Hi Hi! I'm eating Ramen for the third time this week. I'm very excited about it still. 

I'm also on my city's "Facebook Yardsale" which is kind of like Craigslist but on FB and I'm looking at all of the people's public profiles that are hilariously white trash etc. I'm glad I was smart enough to make mine private so my white trash-ness is only for my friends who get me :)
  • Musu...you need to like Mexican please. It's delicious. 

I won't eat weird meats like venison and duck. I'm good with beef and chicken. But I'll eat bison because it's uh-maze-ing.

Loopy - how ya feelin!?
  • What what, I get Mexican if H can buy a new tire for the trailer!  Peace ladies!

• I was sorted into Hufflepuff too, Adamar. I actually was totally expecting it and not surprised at all. I'm a big ol' softie. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards