40-Plus Brides

Florist - Yikes

Ok, I'm an idiot in the wedding world.  I would have never guessed that fresh gerber daisies would be more expensive than fake.  Holy Cow, almost triple the cost!   And I wasn't pleased with her having no desire to help in any way. 

I'd be willing to check with another florist but if the cost is the same, looks like I'll be doing the silk!

Told her I would need about 40 individual flowers - her price $160!!!!
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Florist - Yikes

• Check out bulk flowers from Sam's Club or Costco.

If you just want some stems to put in vases (as opposed to 'arrangements') it is a pretty decent way to go:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/category.jsp?categoryId=1246

80 gerber daises for $60?  seriously...

I'm going to be getting orchids from them for my AHR in July.
  • DItto shytown. If you want to buy the flowers and make the arrangements yourself, a florist isn't the way to go. Check with Costco and similar places; also check with your supermarket. Or if you live in a big city, you could probably buy straight from a wholesaler in bulk.
  • I'm going to Sams!  Thanks for the link!  I say it again, ya'all are AWESOME
    !!!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    What about a wholesale floral market nearby??
  • My flowers for my wedding are $550

This is what I am getting:

Bridal bouquet - $100 - round hand tied - orange roses, dark red calla lily, black eyed susans, gerbera daisies, wheat, & season accents

3 - BM bouquet - $50 ea - mix of gerbera daisies & sunflowers

Grooms bout - $15 - seasonal leaf, wheat, orange rose & calla lily

Groomsmen 3 bout - $10 ea - seasonal leaf and orange rose

My 2 sons - 2 bouts - $10 ea - seasonal leaf and orange rose

Moms - 2 corsage - $20 ea - orange roses

Sweetheart table centerpeice - $50 (fall theme)

Cake topper - $25 - gerbere daisy mix

Ceremony flowers - my personal request - 2 big buckets of black eyed susans (out of season - but very important to me) $80

Delivery & Set up - $40

"friend & family discount of $25"
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Try this...  50flowers.com ...thats who I'm using...

As a matter of fact...here is a link directly to some daisies...

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Gerbera-Daisy-Blooms-for-Special-Events_17.htm

HTH
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee

• Those have no stems
  • Yikes - that would not be good - stemless.   Best deal I've found is from Shytown - Sams club.  We don't have anything else around these parts, no workstudyprograms.   I don't mind the $60.  Much more do-able than 160.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_florist-yikes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:0ef2ac77-fc7e-486e-acf7-16b1bdf2b02cPost:0ad0dd25-b9df-4972-b314-7d6dd46b0c1a">Re: Florist - Yikes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those have no stems
    Posted by coralee715[/QUOTE]

...my fault...but she can look at the site...they do have daisies with stems!
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards