Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

I have not been around much lately, and so I have been trying to sneak back in here and there in other people's threads.  Really, I have been going through a whole lot of ish, so much so that I feel like I am trying to push back against an ocean.  While I can't deny that part of my life, I want to focus today on some things I a thankful for. 

Will you join me in that?

I am thankful that after more than 4 years, I am still filled with an irrepressible happiness at the thought of my FI, and that I have to smile to myself because I am so full of love.

I am thankful for having a shark loving, science obsessed, bookworm of a brainiac for a kid.  It took her all of about 6 guesses to figure out FI got her a shark fossil for her birthday, and she was ecstatic.  (An Otodus obliquus tooth fossil to be exact.)  I have no idea how she, in all of her fabulousness, emerged from my womb 9 years ago from Monday, but I haven't screwed her up too bad yet, and I am so thankful for that!

I am thankful for my family, with all of their faults and flaws, and even though they drive me to distraction.  They have dependably been there with love and support.

I am thankful for both milk and dark chocolate, because they never make be try to chose between them.

I am thankful for the ladies of NEY, even though I haven't opened up much on here, when I have asked for T&P, you have given them; when I had news to celebrate, you have been excited with me.  I thank you!

Re: Thankful Thursday

• I love that you're keeping positive through the storm RWS! Such a great attitude to have. (I also love your comments about your kiddo...super cute!)

I am thankful for having such a wonderful FI who is truly my best friend. I sure did pick the right man!

I am thankful for my amazing mom. She has made so many trips out here to help with everything WR and she's keeping me motivated with our yoga challenge and eating right. Basically, she ROCKS!

I'm thankful for my super hero girlfriends. They make me laugh, they keep things fun and I can't believe how wonderfully supportive and generous they are. How did I get so lucky?

I'm thankful for weird dreams. They make me laugh.
  • Wow. What a day to do this. Rws, thank you. I'm thankful for the 23 years I've had with my dad. He's the best man I've ever known and seeing him the way he is is the total pits. I'm thankful for hospice and the amazing things they do. I'm thankful for my fianc and how much strength he gives me, even though I'm a huge butt. Without him, I'm not sure where I would be right now. He carries my anger, sorrow, and joy. I'm thankful for birth in the midst of death. I'm thankful for a job that's incredible with bosses that are caring and would bend over backwards to make sure I can take care of my family. And who go to battle for me against hr. I'm thankful for NEY. Like whoa. I can't explain it, but I know you are in my life for such a time as this. And I in yours, for whenever your needs arise. I'm thankful for touch and all that can be expressed through it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • edited March 2013
    I am thankful to have a good-paying job that allows me to work from home. I know I get super frustrated with it sometimes, and I'm looking for a new one, but I do know how lucky I am to have this job right now.

I am thankful that I have such an amazing, supportive, BF. He never leaves me guessing about his intentions or emotions, and I'm the luckiest girl I know for that reason.

I am thankful for my health and the health of everyone in my immediate family.

I am thankful for my precious pup-dog, who I love WAY more than I even thought I would. She is the best dog in the world.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited March 2013
    RWS, I don't think I have gotten to know you yet but your positivity is contagious and I can relate about your thankfulness of chocolate. I'm impartial to whatever kind it is.

I'm thankful for my FI because he treats me like a queen and has an amazing heart. I'm very thankful that I can go to him with any issue I'm having and he knows how to bring me back to normal and calm me down. I'm also thankful that he is mine and that I get to marry him in 8 months.

I'm thankful for my supportive family and friends. If I didn't have a support group like I do then I would be a mess. They always keep my smiling and are the most generous people I know.

I'm thankful for God's word and just Him in general because he brings me peace and constant reassurance.

I'm thankful for NEY because it keeps sane at work and I love having some conversation with people other than the engineers I have to talk to all day.

ETA: spelling
  • So appropriate!  Good idea!

I'm so thankful for my family at home and away.  Espcially BF and the fur babies.  We are such a good family and work together well.  I love you all.

I'm thankful for my aunt, the only honest one in my family.  She reminds me not to contact my grandmother and gives the reasons why (like telling the family my cousin got accepted to Penn State for more graduation $$ when he really isn't doing much with his life).

I'm thankful for my job.  At times it's boring and mundane but it's a job and it puts a roof over my head and food on our plate.

I'm thankful for my NEY ladies.  You have reminded me that there are drama-free women in this world who don't revolve their lives around parties and bad choices in men.  Thank you for that and I'm glad I stumbled upon this group!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I love this thread!

I am so thankful for my BF. He is probably one of the few men who can deal with my stress and my occasional brattiness. He also reminds me how good men can really be to their women. Before the only guys I ever dated were asshats and douchebags so being with him makes me happy every single day.

I am thankful for a new opportunity in life and to start a job. With how job searching has been in this economy it's refreshing to have found something that interests me and will help me with my long term career goals. I am also thankful to have such cool co-workers who have made my leave much easier.

I am so thankful for my family. Even if we have our problems, I'm still so happy to have them in my life and I'll never take that for granted.

I'm thankful for all the NEY ladies, even if I'm not super close with any of you it's nice to be able to have a great group of ladies to chat with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm thankful for H, who has been more than wonderful while we've tried to figure out what's going on inside my body. 

I'm thankful we have a diagnosis and (eventually) will get me back to normal.

I'm thankful for Bolthouse Mocha Capp milk.  it rocks. 

I'm thankful for my pups, who love on me everyday.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thankful-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cca03c03-6f45-4bce-82bf-13d5faa28e80Post:2e334d2c-7fbb-439c-aca6-02ea504e9ae0">Re:Thankful Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. What a day to do this. Rws, thank you. I'm thankful for the 23 years I've had with my dad. He's the best man I've ever known and seeing him the way he is is the total pits. I'm thankful for hospice and the amazing things they do. I'm thankful for my fianc and how much strength he gives me, even though I'm a huge butt. Without him, I'm not sure where I would be right now. He carries my anger, sorrow, and joy. I'm thankful for birth in the midst of death. I'm thankful for a job that's incredible with bosses that are caring and would bend over backwards to make sure I can take care of my family. And who go to battle for me against hr. I'm thankful for NEY. Like whoa. I can't explain it, but I know you are in my life for such a time as this. And I in yours, for whenever your needs arise. I'm thankful for touch and all that can be expressed through it.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I'm thankful for this post, audre.  Keep strong and know that its ok to ride the emotional rollercoaster I know all too well (when you are sad, be sad, when you are happy, be happy...and don't feel a bit of guilt over any of those emotions).  Hugs to you.

I'm thankful that my dad got to know FI and his family before he passed a month and a half ago.  I'm thankful that I know he'll somehow be by my side in a week.

I'm thankful for FI who has put up with a pretty emotional/stressed me for the last few months.

I'm thankful I am almost FI's wife.

I'm thankful for my fur baby who lets me bury my head in his fur when life gets stressful (he's simulateously a support pillow and a kleenex).  :)
  • kelley198721kelley198721 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I like this thread!

I'm thankful for BF who is very patient with me and is willing to do literally anything for me, just to make me happy, even if he is dead tired.

I'm thankful for good coworkers at my job, they make the day go by much faster!

I'm thankful for my family, who always support me in everything I do.

I'm thankful for my roommate, who is a normal person and not a crazy, OCD neat freak :)
  • I am thankful for NEY. You guys are beyond amazing. I can't express how truly grateful I am to know you. I know I have made some life long friends. I am thankful for not only my job, but employers that truly appreciate my abilities. I am thankful I am finding my way again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thankful-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cca03c03-6f45-4bce-82bf-13d5faa28e80Post:8df8ec63-4450-4e9d-97fe-8ee385388283">Re:Thankful Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thankful for NEY. You guys are beyond amazing. I can't express how truly grateful I am to know you. I know I have made some life long friends. I am thankful for not only my job, but employers that truly appreciate my abilities. <strong>I am thankful I am finding my way again.
    </strong>Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

This is AWESOME, Irish.  You are very strong and should be proud of that.
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re:Thankful Thursday:In Response to Re:Thankful Thursday:I am thankful for NEY. You guys are beyond amazing. I can't express how truly grateful I am to know you. I know I have made some life long friends. I am thankful for not only my job, but employers that truly appreciate my abilities. I am thankful I am finding my way again.Posted by IrishDreamerThis is AWESOME, Irish.nbsp; You are very strong and should be proud of that. Posted by minskat30 Remind me of that after this week I think I finally have the balls to tell T I really am done trying, he's making amazing adjustments and strides to be a better person, I just don't think it's going to be with me. I'm going to give him the option of me leaving or staying in the spare bedroom. I just have no flucking clue how im going about it. Edit: because my phone is a tardfish
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thankful-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cca03c03-6f45-4bce-82bf-13d5faa28e80Post:76b70a38-7039-4f68-a546-aab3b8530d4a">Re:Thankful Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Thankful Thursday:In Response to Re:Thankful Thursday:I am thankful for NEY. You guys are beyond amazing. I can't express how truly grateful I am to know you. I know I have made some life long friends. I am thankful for not only my job, but employers that truly appreciate my abilities. I am thankful I am finding my way again.Posted by IrishDreamerThis is AWESOME, Irish.nbsp; You are very strong and should be proud of that. Posted by minskat30 Remind me of that after this week I think I finally have the balls to tell T I really am done trying, he's making amazing adjustments and strides to be a better person, I just don't think it's going to be with me. I'm going to give him the option of me leaving or staying in the spare bedroom. I just have no flucking clue how im going about it. Edit: because my phone is a tardfish
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

You can be strong and decide to stay or strong and decide you are done.  The point is you are finding what you want and sticking to it.  THAT is strength.

Don't know if this helps but I was in a 3+ year relationship before FI.  I was miserable and kept working at it (and my BF at the time was trying less but still wanting more from me).  I couldn't call it quits until one day I saw an image of my future daughter...I wasn't even thinking about kids at the time and it just popped into my head.  She was crying because my then BF was doing the same things to her (ignoring her, not caring, being selfish, etc.) and she was telling me she didn't understand why Daddy couldn't love her enough to go to her recital that night. 

It was a freaky out-of-body experience but, long story short, I told my ex to pack up the next day (and after he moved out and asked for me back/showed me how we would change...I still couldn't get that little girl out of my head).  The moral of that experience to me?  Even if you can't make the decisions you want to make for your happiness now...make them for your future life you want (whether that is kids, pets, career, whatever).  

Hugs to you, I know this is tough.
  • Smooch711Smooch711 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Of all the days for you to post this, THANK YOU. Today is the 10-year anniversary of one of my best friend's (in college) death. It was exactly 50 days until our graduation when his third (yes, third) heart decided to give out.

-I am thankful for my college friends who I shared this difficult experience with all those years ago. He brought us even closer in death. Every year we share emails, texts, thoughts, and positive vibes to get through this day that always make me laugh and cry at the same time.

-I am thankful for my husband who is truly my soulmate. Sometimes I just look at him and wonder how I got so lucky. I get that fuzzy feeling thinking we're going to have the time of our lives.

-I am currently thankful for Skittles and vanilla frappuccino. Hopefully they will make this afternoon go by a little bit quicker.

-I am thankful for my grandmother, who is still hanging in 4 weeks after her dire prognosis. Tough cookie doesn't even begin to describe it. I know she will go when the time comes, and I'm beginning to be okay with that.
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Aud, you brought tears to my eyes.  Hugs to you, to Irish, and to Smooch!

March is a tough month for my step dad and for me.  I always wondered if he just told me certain things to be kind, because they were about my mother.  On St. Patrick's Day, I was just thinking about my mom, and wishing she were still here, wishing I could say, "Happy Birthday" and give her a hug, wishing my daughter could get to know her.  I called my step dad to let him know I was thinking of him and of my mom on that day.  He told me that she would have been 62 this year and that March 12 marked the 15th anniversary of her death.  He said she was the love of his life and that apart from kiddo's bday, March is a really crummy month for him.  There is so much pain wrapped up in love.  We need to seek out the positive or be overwhelmed by the loss. 

Edited for clarity.

• I'm thankful for the amazing women of NEY that I'm so lucky to call my friends. 

I'm thankful for FI and the fact that he loves all of me. 

I'm thankful for my mom. She's amazing and strong and always there for me. 

• Irish- good luck. Though I don't know any parts of your story, it seems like you're putting yourself first, and sometimes you HAVE to do that. And, I think, sometimes its also one of the hardest things to do in life. Sending positive thoughts to you.
  • I'm thankful for FI. How he loves me and knows all of me. I don't know how I got so blessed. He's my bestfriend and the love of my life. He holds me tight when my world falls apart and dances with me when I'm over the moon happy. He's wonderful. I'm truly blessed.

I'm thankful for my family. Especially my dad, mom, birth-dad and birth-step-mom. They have been wonderful and supported me through thick and thin. I couldn't have picked better people to raise me.... on that note I'm also thankful for their patience because I was a little brat at times haha

I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful that, because it's so physical, I don't need to work out the days I work. I'm thankful for the people I get to work with, though some can be a handful they are overall nice people and I'm grateful for that.

I'm also thankful and un-thankful for who ever created the rip-off girl scout cookies that I found in the grocery store yesterday. They taste delicious and my thighs hate you.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm thankful that today is my Friday and I get a four day weekend.

I'm glad that Tyler can always improve my mood and that going home to be with him stabilizes me. I'm upset that I won't have him Tuesday through Thursday of next week because he's going on a business trip. I hope that work isn't too crazy next week, but I'm not keeping my hopes up about that.

I'm relieved that I was able to plan a mini vacation for next month. I have something close to count down to now! I'm gonna be able to watch Muse in concert and visit one of my best friends in New York City for a couple of days, and I'm taking the train to get there and back. It's worth it even though I have to drive all the way to Charlotte, NC to catch the train, sigh.

I'm thankful that tomorrow is payday for both of us because we have a lot of things that need to be bought like yesterday. I need my tickets to California, dammit!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Wow this is such a great idea! 

I'm always thankful for my parents, and especially for my mom. Whenever I take a second to think about it I'm always amazed at how lucky I am to have parents who love me, support me, and encourage me. Even when I've been wrong they haven't come back at me with the "I told you so" and I am so grateful for that.

I'm thankful for my BF. If I'm ever in a mood he'll do whatever he can to draw me out of it and he doesn't let me get away with being annoyed and bitchy. He's always supportive, always takes the time to tell me I'm beautiful (and means it), and when I'm least expecting it he'll do something so romantic or special it will make me tear up.

I'm thankful I have a job. It's boring and repetitive but it pays the bills and leaves me with a little left over to still have fun.

I'm thankful for NEY and some of the other boards I lurk on. They help distract me from the day to day monotony of my office.

• *Hugs* to everyone who is having hard times.  Hugs to Aud.  Love you girl.

I am thankful for my H who brings me flowers (and I get flowers about once a year) to cheer me up and help me get through this hell of finals week.  

I'm thankful for my mom for editing my paper for me.

I'm thankful for my best friend who is there when I need her and will always have time to listen to me and make me feel better.

I'm thankful I have spring break next week.  I'm so burnt out.  

I'm thankful for camping.  I'm so excited to get out of the town and back in the woods. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'm late to the party but I'm going to play anyway. I love this thread (and you, RWS). I'm thankful for this board and the great friends I've made here. Right now, in particular, I'm thankful for Drew and the brightness she has brought into my life. I hate seeing her having such a rough time, but I'm also thankful for the opportunity to be there for her. I'm thankful for my H and the fact that he accepts all of my flaws without complaint... even if he does roll his eyes when I break into song and dance for no discernible reason. I'm thankful for the three spastic cats and the goofy dog that have honored me with their devotion. I'm thankful for my mental, physical, and financial health. Oh, and my crazy-ass family. They're cool, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards