March 2013 Weddings
Options

Music

Hey ladies! FI and I are trying to decide on music for the reception and since it was on my mind, I thought it might be a fun post for everyone to share!! List your music, if you have it picked out yet, for the events below! FI and I aren't doing an anniversary dance or money dance, but if you are just add yours to the list :)

Bridal Party Intros:
First Dance:
Cake Cutting:
Mother/Son:
Father/Daughter:
Garter & Bouquet Toss:
Last Dance:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music

• Options
    Janna2012Janna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013

I've been thinking about this a lot lately as well. We are DJing our party so I've been working on the right mix of songs. 

Processional : Such Great Heights - The Section Quartet 
    Recessional : LOVE - Nat King Cole
    Reception Intros: Life's a Happy Song - The muppetsFirst Dance: (Maybe) With or Without You - U2
    Mother/Son: Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world - Israel K
    Father/Daughter: (Maybe) Can't Help Falling - Elvis 
    Last Dance: One More Time - Daft Punk ?? Probably not ending on a slow song. Guess I will have to think about that .... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Processional : Canon in D (cliche, I know but I just love it!) 
    Recessional : No idea yet
    Reception Intros: Call Me Maybe or Teach Me How to DougieFirst Dance: Chris Medina - What are Words (It was this one or Call me Maybe/Dougie (not really) ... ha those are our only 3 songs)
    Mother/Son: My Wish - Rascal Flatts (I know, cliche again, but MIL picked and I like)
    Father/Daughter: Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle 
    Last Dance: No idea yet
  • Options
    Need to meet with our music director at the church regarding ceremony music. 

Reception (we aren't having a cake cutting or a bouquet/garter toss)

Intros: Bang on the Drum All Day (Packers touchdown song) 
    First dance: FI and I still haven't come to a conclusion on this. We're both being stubborn about it.
    Mother/Son: He's thinking about Sweet Child of Mine but hasn't decided 100% yet
    Father/Daughter: Daughter - Loudon Wainwright
    Last Dance: The Monster Mash 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love hearing everyone's selections! I LOVE Canon in D for the processional!! :)  Here are ours so far, but we've debated on the first dance so we're not totally sure

Bridal Party Intros: DJ is going to mix us a combo of "Feel so Close" by Calvin Harris and "Howlin for you" by the Black Keys (also thought about throwing Push it by Salt N Pepa in there.. haha!)
    First Dance: "Bring it on home to me" by Marc Broussard (were sold on this til we read the lyrics and its slightly odd), backup options are "Kiss me" by Ed Sheeran and "I Won't Let You Go" by James Morrison
    Cake Cutting: "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies
    Mother/Son: Undecided
    Father/Daughter: Somewhere over the Rainbow- Israel K
    Garter & Bouquet Toss: we think... "Where them Girls at" by Flo Rida, etc. for bouquet and "You shook me all night long" by ACDC for garter.. we're not having the guy who caught the garter put it on the girl who got the bouquet
    Last Dance: "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Processional: Not sure yet but I kind of want to surprise FI by walking to Vitamin String Quartet's version of "I'm Yours" because that's kind of "our song" lol.

Recessional: Not sure, something fun.

Bridal Party Intros: Ours will be the intro song from our college hockey games (Kencraft 400 Zombie Nation). Not sure about the rest of the WP though.

First Dance: I'm leaning towards Queen "You're My Best Friend" because it's so us, haha. Plus it's short!

Cake Cutting: No song.

Mother/Son:
    Father/Daughter: We might do a combo dance for these two. Not sure what song yet.

Garter & Bouquet Toss: Possibly Single Ladies only because it's a little inside joke with my MOH and FI (one of those "had to be there" things). Not sure about garter toss.

Last Dance: I was thinking of "Glad You Came" by The Wanted. First time I heard it I thought it would be a perfect end of the night song!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Groom Entrance: Legend of Zelda theme music
    Processional: Falling Over Me by Demi Lovato
    Unity Candle: I See The Light from Tangled
    Recessional: Waiting for This by Hanson
    Reception Entrance: He's a Pirate (the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song)
    First Dance: Give a Little by Hanson
    Cake Cutting: One Thing by One Direction
    Father/Daughter: Flash Mob with mash up of Daddy's Little Girl by Al Martino, Gangnam Style by Psy, Conga by Gloria Estefan, and September by Earth, Wind, and Fire
    Garter Toss: Teenage Dream, the Glee version
    Bouquet Toss: G.N.O by Miley Cyrus
    Last Dance: Time of My Life, the Glee version
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Janna2012Janna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013

Father/Daughter: Flash Mob with mash up of Daddy's Little Girl by Al Martino, Gangnam Style by Psy, Conga by Gloria Estefan, and September by Earth, Wind, and Fire

There must be a good story here... 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    bridalmarchbridalmarch member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:ffd9be8e-d2d1-4727-aea0-d9735cbf0d82Post:8a91e4e1-61d1-4df9-b126-d082161004d3">Re: Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Music : We're actually not doing any of those things.  For processional, we have an acoustic duo playing Neon Tree's "Animal," and then we'll leave to the<strong> Lumineers "Ho Hey."</strong>  We're pretty non-traditional.  :)
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

<div>We were strongly considering this for a first dance until we read the lyrics and figured out it's kind of a sad song. Really pretty though. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:ffd9be8e-d2d1-4727-aea0-d9735cbf0d82Post:8a91e4e1-61d1-4df9-b126-d082161004d3">Re: Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Music : We're actually not doing any of those things.  For processional, we have an acoustic duo playing Neon Tree's "Animal," and then we'll leave to the Lumineers "Ho Hey."  We're pretty non-traditional.  :)
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

I love love love the Lumineers!! an anything acoustic, that's going to be so cute!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I've put a lot of thought into the music. 

Entrance Music: 

Kids: - Psy- Gangnam Style (We have our 2 sons and my 2 little nieces in the wedding.)  

Bridal Party- LMFAO- Party Rock

Bride/Groom-  Maybe the Flyers Doop song to get everyone's attention. Black Eyed Peas- I gotta Feeling

All of our songs are TOP SECRET SONGS.

First dance - Jason Mraz- I won’t give up

Bride/Father    I loved her first- Heartland

Groom/Mother- #1 Jeff LeFevre & John DelBuono-  Mother, I     

Bride/Sons- LeAnn Womack- I hope you Dance

Bridal Party- Toy story- You’ve got a friend in me.

First Slow dance- Christina Perry- Thousand Years ( this was runner up for our first dance)

Bonquet Toss-Rocky Theme  then Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have fun

Get the Garter-Mr. Boombastic Shaggy or Foxy Lady- Jimi Hendrix

Garter Toss-  Baha Men - Who let the Dogs Out?

Place the Garter - Hot Legs- Rod Stewart

Last Song- Robbie Robertson- Shine your light ( Song in Ladder 49, my FI is a fireman so most of our guest are also.) 

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Ceremony:
    Processional: "A Thousand Years" instrumental
    (although im not sure what I want to walk to)
    Recessional: You make my Dreams come true -Hall and Oates
    Unity Sand: Its always better when were together- Jack Johnson

Reception
    Bridal Party Intros: We are still debating what they are walking into, We are coming into Usher.Lil John, Luda "Yeah" -Its "our song" we started dating too at a sweet 16. Its perfect.
    First Dance: Don't want to miss a thing- Aerosmith
    Cake Cutting: You've got a friend in me.- Toy Story
    Mother/Son: Simple Man- Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Father/Daughter: I am doing a mother/daughter dance- still finalizing this song
    Garter & Bouquet Toss: Single Ladies- I don't care if its over used- Its set up perfectly for what Its for
    -The toss will be - Another one bites the dust
    Garter Removal- Pretty Young Thing- The Glee version
    Last Dance: Save the last dance for me- Michael Buble
    Anniversary dance: Elvis- I can't help falling in love with you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fun....

Bridal Party Intros: Eric Benet & Tamia--Spend My Life With You

First Dance: Luther Vandross--Here and Now
    Cake Cutting: Adele- Make you feel my love

Mother/Son: Huo Feng (Traditional Wedding Song)

Father/Daughter: Luther Vandross--Dance with my Father again
    Garter & Bouquet Toss: Beyonce--All the Single Ladies...LOL
    Last Dance:undecided...

this list is subject to change prior to 3/30/13
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was all my dad's idea. Since my fiance and I are doing a choreographed dance for our first dance which is a surprise to most our guests, my dad thought it would be cool to surprise them more with a flash mob for the father/daighter dance. He used to be a DJ back when I was little, so he comes up with some interesting ideas for the wedding music. My sister is going to choreograph the dance soon, as she just finished cutting the music last week. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together. It is the one part of the wedding I have not been in charge, which is nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We meet with our DJ today to talk about it all...Woohoo

Grandmas entrance (she just beat cancer so we are so happy to recognize it, plus it's St. Pattys weekend and Shes from Ireland) - Bagpipe song TBD

Bridal Party Entrance - Marry Me Train (cliche but it was playing when he proposed, at a restaurant so not planned)
    Processional: Faithfully by journey - kinda our song as he travels a lot for work)
    Recessional: End of Faithfully- they have someting with lighters planned, I'm staying out of it. 
    Reception EntranceJust FI and I : Hey Ho- just the chorus
    First Dance: Still a work in progress. We have 6 songs we are chosing between including You are the best thing by Ray Lamontagne, Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison, Forever by Ben Harper and First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
    Cake Cutting: Home by Phillip Phillips
    Generational Dance with our parents and grandparents - Harvest Moon by Neil Young
    Last Dance: My Girl by the Temptations - Who doesn't smile at that song?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards