Not Engaged Yet
Options

Are You Falling?

Saturday was officially the first day of fall and I'm excited.  Usually, summer is my favorite season, but I feel like all of the best parts of my summer were over by late June and I spent the next two months just trying to stay cool.  So hooray for Fall.  Let's kick it off with some questions.

1.  Favorite thing about fall?
2.  Least favorite thing about fall?
3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest?
4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list?
5.  Has fall weather reached you yet?
6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays?
7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support?
8.  Anything else you'd care to add?

Re: Are You Falling?

• Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall? leaves changing colors

2.  Least favorite thing about fall? cold mornings, then forgetting my jacket at work since I don't need it on the way home.

3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? I'm not on Pinterest, but I do enjoy pumpkins 

4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  nope, i've got one more race to edge in before the end of the season, that's how my fall always starts. If so, what's on your fall list? new sweaters that actually fit!

5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? It's definitely cooler, which has made working out outside soooo much easier! Except for the swim, the water is already getting cold.

6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Yup, Thanksgiving in Wisconsin and Iowa and then Christmas in Detroit. Should be a good rest of the year.

7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? I really only watch college. I'm a MSU fan forever, but I'll sit and watch any ranked team play.

8.  Anything else you'd care to add? Pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks for the win!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    1.  Food.  I love fall food.  Oh, and Halloween!  I love lots of other things about fall, like the cool weather and the changing leaves, but I feel like I don't get to take full advantage of those things living this far south.

2.  Allergies (ragweed, ugh) and the shortening of the days.  I love how the sun stays up until 9 during the mid-summer.  I don't like how night falls earlier every day during the fall.

3.  Nope.  Pumpkin is not one of my favorite flavors.

4.  I really want some knee-high, suede, camel-colored boots.  Anybody seen a pair?

5.  The high here has been around 88 - 90 for the past week, which is a distinct and welcome change.

6.  Not really.  H and I already know we're going to Salt Lake the week after Christmas for skiing, but our families are both notoriously slow to plan anything.

7.  I will be an LSU fan until I die, but this year I really don't care about the NFL at all.  I usually support the Saints, but I'm just not into this year after the whole bounty thing.

8.  I have the hiccups.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    I love pumpkin.  And baking.  And the way that apples explode in a crisp sweetness in my mouth while I'm curled up outside reading a book.

It rains more :(

Um, yes.

4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list?
    I wish I could.  I really want new boots, and I fell in love with this really pretty mustard top at NY&C last week (Click - I swear it wasn't on sale last week.)

Yes and no.  It's been cool in the mornings, but it's been hot too.  I wish it would just make up it's mind and stick to like...65 and sunny.

My parents have invited BF's parents over for Thanksgiving.  BF and I and our group of friends will be doing our own Thanksgiving.  My grandparents will be flying out from CA for my birthday and Christmas again.  

NFL.  Eagles.  That's an embarrasment after this weekend.

Nope :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall? I can't possibly choose just one. The crisp air, the way the sky looks, Halloween, apples, pumpkin everything, sweaters, my anniversary (squee)! Fall is my favorite season.

2.  Least favorite thing about fall? The fact that winter comes right after.

3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? Yes. 

4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? I don't shop much. I'm a poor grad student, ya know? I did buy a cute yellow shirt at Banana last week. Like a mustardy brownish yellow. . . that doesn't sound cute. 

5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Yes! I've been wearing a coat for the last few days, but I think this is unusually cool weather for this early in the season.

6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Not yet. . . 

7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? Yes, the NFL. Buffalo, Denver, Chicago, Green Bay (Pack over Bears though). 

8.  Anything else you'd care to add? I <3 Elle. 

• Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall? The cool days and the leaves changing - oh and Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes!

Nothing. I love fall.

Yup. But I go pumpkin crazy all year long.

I would love to but since I'm still in the process of losing weight I'm not buying new clothes right now. I wear mostly jeans and sweaters in the fall though.

5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Almost. There are days when it feels like fall but then it jumps back up to the 80s the next day. The leaves are slowly starting to change though.

I know I'm staying in Colorado for Thanksgiving and BF's crazy aunt is coming to Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to visit my family in Idaho for Christmas. I'm trying to convince BF to come along.

I'm not really a football fan but because I come from my super intense football fan family I support the Broncos. My first words were John Elway - no I"m not kidding.

I'm pissed at myself for not working out this morning and just hitting the snooze button instead. Now I'm going to have to do it when I get home tonight...at 9.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:12342d8b-1a0e-4a4d-a6ed-00c9ee7eb2ae">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Favorite thing about fall? I can't possibly choose just one. The crisp air, the way the sky looks, Halloween, apples, pumpkin everything, sweaters, my anniversary (squee)! Fall is my favorite season. 2.  Least favorite thing about fall? The fact that winter comes right after. 3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? Yes.  4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? I don't shop much. I'm a poor grad student, ya know? I did buy a cute yellow shirt at Banana last week. Like a mustardy brownish yellow. . . that doesn't sound cute.  5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Yes! I've been wearing a coat for the last few days, but I think this is unusually cool weather for this early in the season. 6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Not yet. . .  7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? Yes, the NFL. Buffalo, Denver, Chicago, Green Bay (Pack over Bears though).  8<strong>.  Anything else you'd care to add? I <3 Elle.</strong> 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

This is the correct answer.  :)

Also, back at ya.
  • Options

.  Favorite thing about fall?
    Halloween and DD Apple Cider

The colder weather and having to wear socks again

Nope

No money for shopping right now, I need new black pumps for work desperately, I think in two weeks or so I'll get them

Yea, it was chilly last night when we went out to dinner

Nothing big

Yes I follow the two schools I went to for college undergrad and masters ( RU & WVU) I kinda follow the Jets mostly because my family always has

Not really

Anniversary

• Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall?  Apple and pumpkin

2.  Least favorite thing about fall?  Everyone's obsession with the pumpkin spiced latte.  Coffee is gross, ya'll ;)  And I don't like when I have to drive home in the dark.  I simply can't see that well at night (I think that means I'm getting old)

3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest?  I dunno.  We have like 5 artificial pumpkins carved at our house.  So maybe

4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list?  Nope.  I'm not really a big shopping fan.  I probably need some new sweaters though. 

5.  Has fall weather reached you yet?  Yep.  Although our leaves haven't really changed yet (don't worry, they will - and we have like 10 billion leaves in our backyard, so it's a ton of fun when they fall, haha)

6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays?  Yep.  FL for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Boring, but hey, that's where the fams are.

7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support?  Yes.  Both, mainly NFL.  FSU, Colts mainly.  A few others

8.  Anything else you'd care to add?  I'm eating a NJ bagel right now (I froze some the last time I went up) and man are NJ bagels delicious.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

I would say probably anything pumpkin. In Seattle fall usually brings rain so we don't get many of the crisp autumn days that I love.

Spiders. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but, come mid october my whole walk way will be covered in spider webs. It's disgusting.

Yes, I love anything pumpkin recipes. I have a few I need to try.

Sometimes I do but, I'm also trying to lose weight so I'll probably hold off until I'm closer to my goal weight.

Yes. The leaves are turning a nice red/orange color and the mornings are much cooler than they were a few weeks ago.

Nothing really yet but, BF and I are going to Vegas December 1st so we probably will just go over to my parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner since we're going out of town the following week. Christmas Eve we will spend with his Step Mom and then Christmas Day probably my parents again. My sister will be flying up from San Francisco.

Both. My NFL teams are the Steelers & Seahawks - weird I know.  College team is Washington State Univeristy. Reppin the PAC 12.

Super annoyed today with my co-workers and work in general. No one plans anything strategically and it's beyond frustrating sometimes trying to do my work and babysit others. Ugh. Oh and not thrilled with going to school tonight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The weather! I love that it's starting to get cool enough outside that it makes my room cold whenever I leave the windows open at night. I like to be totally wrapped up in my blankets at night, so I need it to be cool.

The cold/rainy days, and knowing that winter is right around the corner.

NO. I like the pumpkin-scented stuff, but I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin-flavored things. They always sound a lot better than they actually taste.

I still want to go "back-to-school shopping" although I haven't been in school for like 3 years. Still, i've bought a few new things lately. I bought really comfortable skinny jeans from Zara, a cute yellow and blue plaid shirt from Gap, and I splurged and bought this shirt from Banana Republic because it's equestrian related.

YES! We haven't had to put the A/C on all week, and it's been cool enough to wear a sweatshirt outside a few times.

Most likely we'll be going upsate to BF's parent's house for either X-mas or Thanksgiving, and my house for the other. I'd prefer to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family because then we can still have our own Christmas morning at our apartment, like we did last year. Last year, we celebrated both with my family, because BF didn't want to drive all the way upstate, and I felt guilty about it. I want to make sure his family knows I'm always willing to travel up there so they can celebrate holidays with BF!

I'm not, but I'll get into it because BF has promised that if he wins his fantasy football leauge, we can go to Vegas with the winnings :-). If I had to pick, I guess I'd say I'm a Giants fan - but only because I was born during the Superbowl when they won in 87'. 

Okay, don't yell at me for the wishful thinking, but I'm really loving this cooler weather because for a while now, I've been hoping that BF and I will be engaged before the Spring. If it doesn't happen, I won't be devasted, but this is the first time I've felt like it's even a possibility, and that makes me excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    2.  Least favorite thing about fall?  Everyone's obsession with the pumpkin spiced latte.  Coffee is gross, ya'll ;)  And I don't like when I have to drive home in the dark.  I simply can't see that well at night (I think that means I'm getting old)

Not a fan of coffee either- I forgot about the whole getting darker earlier thing too.  I hate that.

Anniversary

• Options
    YAYYYYY!  Fall is my favorite season!

1.  Favorite thing about fall? The fashion.

2.  Least favorite thing about fall?  The rainy season.

3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest?  Yes.

YES!  I bought a pair of booties and 2 pairs of boots.  I want a pair of black kneelength boots as well.  I also want to expand my scarf wardrobe and maybe get some courderoy skinnies.

5.  Has fall weather reached you yet?  YES.  :)

6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays?  Not yet.  I have to talk to H about how we're gunna do the holidays.

7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support?  I do not follow sports, but I do follow Tom Brady's ass in tight pants.

8.  Anything else you'd care to add?  Check out my new blog!!  Tell me your thoughts!
  • Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall? The weather, the colors.

2.  Least favorite thing about fall? The days getting shorter. During the work week, I don't actually see the sun besides through windows because I get to work before the sun rises, leave after the sun sets and don't get to take lunch or go outside because we're too busy.

3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? Yes. I want to eat all the pumpkin.

4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? Not typically, but I did go buy a lot of new dresses at Forever 21 and Lane Bryant in preparation for my trip to Seattle in December. I need things that I can layer and figure that dresses and leggings are a good place to start.

5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Yes. It's lovely. Unfortunately, it's going to go away for awhile -- we're supposed to go back up to nearly 90 later this week.

6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? I don't like the fall/winter holidays (especially Christmas, boooo), so no. I am going to Seattle in December, but that's because my best friend is having surgery and I'm staying with him until his first post-op appointment. I always have plans for Halloween -- Rocky Horror!!

7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? No, I do not partake in the viewing of handegg, nor do I understand handegg. We've always been an ice hockey family, and I support the Nashville Predators.

8.  Anything else you'd care to add? Freya thinks the cooler weather is awesome. She was tearing ass across the backyard yesterday and loves flying out of the back door.

• Options
    1. Favorite thing about fall?
    Not too hot and not too cold, normally. "Comfort foods" although they aren't that healthy for you.
    2. Least favorite thing about fall?
    Colder, rainy. It means the holidays are fast approaching and snow.
    3. Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest?
    Yes!
    4. Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip? If so, what's on your fall list?
    Not this time. No extra cash lying around.
    5. Has fall weather reached you yet?
    Yes, about two weeks ago. These cold mornings suck!
    6. Do you already have plans for the holidays?
    Definitely not wanting to think about that right now.
    7. Are you a football fan? College, NFL, or both? What teams do you support?
    Yup! Packers and Badgers.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:ae79e846-897e-4286-8b03-ab45c3f47a3d">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, Thanksgiving in <strong>Wisconsin</strong> and Iowa and then Christmas in Detroit. Should be a good rest of the year.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?! Where in WI?

• Options
    The weather getting a little cooler, layers, sweaters, hoodies

Wearing pants, it being pitch black when I come to work 

I really enjoy pumpkin pie. I want to make pumpkin frozen yogurt that I saw on there. I used to drink pumpkin spice lattes but I don't drink coffee anymore.

I would love to but I've banned myself from shopping for clothes until I reach some of my goals. 

Yes. It was really chilly this morning. 

I'm really lucky that FI's family doesn't really do anything for Thanskgiving (or maybe we just don't get invited?) so we will spend it with my family at my aunt's house in South Jersey. 

I am a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan. Despite the fact that I'm embarrassed and appalled by them today. I don't follow any college sports. 

Elle is pretty.

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:8999b571-681c-43e7-9137-09987a8adb28">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Favorite thing about fall? The smell of the crisp air and walking on crunchy leaves as I bundle up in cute sweaters and wool jackets and scarves, sipping my first hot lattes since the spring. 2.  Least favorite thing about fall? It means <strong>winter is coming</strong>, and I don't like winter. 3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? I love pumpkin like woah.  4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? I do, but I need to see how the finances are, so I'm not putting anything in this category just yet. 5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Sure has. Today's high is 68 and it's beautifully sunny. Fall is definitely in the air. I'm even wearing a sweater. 6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Probably Parents/Friendsgiving at home in Boston and Christmas at my parents' house in NH like usual.  7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? I give zero flucks about football. I will go to BC games though because, duh, I'm an alumna.  8.  Anything else you'd care to add? This is Fluffee (yes, that's really how her name is spelled, I just saw it written out for the first time). 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Let's see - boots, sweaters, my birthday, and I'm getting married in the fall.  I really love fall.

Shorter days and I hate when it gets cold.  I like a slightly warm fall - enough that I don't need more than a light jacket.

Meh.  (Says the girl with the pumpkin tattooed on her hip.)  I do like pumpkin baked goods, but I had pumpkin coffee once and wasn't impressed (but I hate coffee, so...).  I've only pinned one or two pumpkin recipes, though. :)

I am this year.  I'm going to start making a list this week, hoping to go shopping next weekend.  I'm trying hard to grow up (or at least dress like it), so I'll be pinning a lot of inspiration looks.

It's a little chilly.  Leaves are still green BUT I just checked the leaves for where I'm getting married this time next year and they're starting to turn. :D

Like, Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years?  Just for Christmas - we just figured out a holiday rotation schedule for our families.  Thanksgiving should be with my family, but we may have to take a trip out there the week before Thanksgiving for a tasting, so I don't know if we'll go back 2 days later.  We'll see.  I would love to do a holiday with just the two of us, to be honest.

7.  Are you a football fan?  
    YES.
    College, NFL, or both?  
    NFL.
    What teams do you support?
    EAGLES!  I also like the Saints and the Ravens.  And I'll cheer for the Jets because of FI.

Hmmm car shopping blows.  That's all.
  • Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall? The colors, everything is so pretty! And kicking leaves up in the air like a little kid.
    2.  Least favorite thing about fall? It gets colder, the mornings now are already in the 40s.
    3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? A little. I went to the grocery store yesterday and there were pumpkin plates and decorations. I resisted but it was awfully tempting.
    4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? No I usually wait until I see something I like, regardless of the season. I just got some new pants and tops for work, but that's mainly weight rather than weather related.
    5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? It's getting colder, and the leaves are starting to turn, but until I can walk along the street kicking piles of leaves up it doesn't feel like fall.
    6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Yea :) Halloween and Thanksgiving with BF's family, and really exciting vacation with BF and my family at Xmas.
    7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? Football played with the feet sure...aka soccer. But we don't have cable and I don't go out of my way to watch it.
    8.  Anything else you'd care to add? Can't summer last just a few more weeks?
  • Options
    I'm in denial. It's still 80 degrees, so it must be summer. I hate that the days are getting shorter. Maybe on October first I will acknowledge fall. To answer some of the other questions, we don't have any holiday plans yet, and I don't watch football of any kind.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:efe24c2a-6f29-42cc-995b-fe0089cae5e9">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Falling? : Wait, what?! Where in WI?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

A small down west of Appleton, I think it's called Marshfield. It's where my FI's parents just moved. They retired to a cool little lake house.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Awww Liv Fluffee is adorable.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:126b1b87-3fcc-4234-9f6b-c9ac444f7402">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Falling? : A small down west of Appleton, I think it's called Marshfield. It's where my FI's parents just moved. They retired to a cool little lake house.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

Ha I know where that is! I am from Kaukauna. I think one of my friends actually grew up there too.

• Options
    Sweaters, pants, scarves, the food
    Cold rainy days
    Guilty.  I just saw a recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles and I can't wait to try it.
    Yes, but I really don't have the money for it right now.  And I am not allowing myself to buy any clothes until I lose weight.  My dream list would include new boots, new jeans, tons of sweaters/cardigans for layering, cold weather running clothes, new peacoat.
    Yes.  It was 40 degrees out when I left for work.  It usually isn't quite that cold out this time of year.
    Yes, but only because we do the same thing every year.  Thanksgiving and Christmas with FI's aunt and uncle (and their extended families).  We usually don't see any of our parents (mine are in FL and his usually travel) for the holidays.
    Not really.  FI watches a fair amount of college (Michigan, Michigan State, Penn state) and sometimes NFL.  I usually head to the kitchen and do some baking or snuggle up with a book.
    Any one else stressing over the NHL lockout?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:63f6216c-fee5-4a52-a1a5-f5788810cf39">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Favorite thing about fall? Sweaters, pants, scarves, the food 2.  Least favorite thing about fall? Cold rainy days 3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? Guilty.  I just saw a recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles and I can't wait to try it. 4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? Yes, but I really don't have the money for it right now.  And I am not allowing myself to buy any clothes until I lose weight.  My dream list would include new boots, new jeans, tons of sweaters/cardigans for layering, cold weather running clothes, new peacoat. 5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Yes.  It was 40 degrees out when I left for work.  It usually isn't quite that cold out this time of year. 6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Yes, but only because we do the same thing every year.  Thanksgiving and Christmas with FI's aunt and uncle (and their extended families).  We usually don't see any of our parents (mine are in FL and his usually travel) for the holidays. 7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? Not really.  FI watches a fair amount of college (Michigan, Michigan State, Penn state) and sometimes NFL.  I usually head to the kitchen and do some baking or snuggle up with a book. 8.  Anything else you'd care to add? <strong>Any one else stressing over the NHL lockout?</strong>
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. I got really sad earlier when I checked my schedule for the week and saw "Devils Pre-Season" on Friday. I deleted that and the others :(</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_are-you-falling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2df857a8-6f2a-4bfe-baa9-09f087b18ce2Post:63f6216c-fee5-4a52-a1a5-f5788810cf39">Re: Are You Falling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Favorite thing about fall? Sweaters, pants, scarves, the food 2.  Least favorite thing about fall? Cold rainy days 3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest? Guilty.  I just saw a recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles and I can't wait to try it. 4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list? Yes, but I really don't have the money for it right now.  And I am not allowing myself to buy any clothes until I lose weight.  My dream list would include new boots, new jeans, tons of sweaters/cardigans for layering, cold weather running clothes, new peacoat. 5.  Has fall weather reached you yet? Yes.  It was 40 degrees out when I left for work.  It usually isn't quite that cold out this time of year. 6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays? Yes, but only because we do the same thing every year.  Thanksgiving and Christmas with FI's aunt and uncle (and their extended families).  We usually don't see any of our parents (mine are in FL and his usually travel) for the holidays. 7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support? Not really.  FI watches a fair amount of college (Michigan, Michigan State, Penn state) and sometimes NFL.  I usually head to the kitchen and do some baking or snuggle up with a book. 8.  Anything else you'd care to add? <strong>Any one else stressing over the NHL lockout?
    </strong>Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]
    Not stressing but definitely bummed.

Anniversary

• Options
    For sure bummed about the lock out :( 
  • Options
    Fall is my favorite season.  I love the smell, the clothes, and going for long walks outside when the leaves change colors.
    Soggy wet leaves.  Gross.
    No, but I love Pumpkin in everything and could eat it all year.  I LIVE for Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes
    Yes and no.  Usually the weather changes and I walk into my already full closet, convince myself I have nothing to wear, and then shop.  Friday it was rainy and wet during my run so I ended it at Lululemon's front door and loaded up on warmer fall running gear.
    Yep it was cold enough this weekend that I caved and turned the heat on.  And drank 3 Pumpkin lattes.
    BF is from Dayton OH so we head there, and ironically enough a year before we started dating my family had started meeting my sister and my BIL in Dayton for Thanksgiving.  My sister lives in DC and the rest here in IL.  They decided OH was a good half way point so we have a small Thanksgiving in a hotel.   He's Jewish so Christmas will be spent with my family here in Chicago.
    I LOVE football.  Highschool, college, and NFL.  I grew up in a crazy football town like the one in Varsity Blues, only instead of Texas it was here in IL and surrounded by corn.  I love my Bears, and my college team is only Division 2 so I cheer for Purdue and U of M on Saturdays these days.
    I HATE Mondays.  Is it possibly 5 yet?
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    FOOTBALL! It's really the only thing to like about fall. 

It gets "cold" (like, in the 50's sometimes with the wind blowing). And when it gets cold it rains. I dislike cold, wet, and humid. We don't really have a distinct fall around here. 

Nope. I don't get the pumpkin craze. 

I try and buy a few more sweaters each year so I don't freeze to death during the 2 months i's below 60 degrees. 

Eh. Seriously, we don't really experience fall. It's just super balls hot and then it cools down and is gorg for about two weeks and then it's cold and rainy. I apparently am whiney about the weather. 

Yep. Going to my family for Thanksgiving and his for Christmas. We spent both holidays with his family last year. 

GO COOGS!! I love my UH football, but goodness gracious we blow ass this year. We play our "cross town rivals" on Saturday. We're going to get creamed. 

- I stepped on a needle last night. It went half an inch into my foot. I was drunk and it hurt. I cried.  
    - Elle and Buggle are amazing friends and they make me feel special. 
    - I fell asleep talking to knotties last night and woke up to knotties texting me this morning. 
    - All of NEY rocks my socks off. 
    - I'm hungover and my senior pastor knows it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    1.  Favorite thing about fall?Everything plus what I see in pictures
    2.  Least favorite thing about fall?Allergies
    3.  Do you go pumpkin crazy like everyone I follow on Pinterest?Haha, do you follow me? I like the idea of everything pumpkin. 
    4.  Do you like to kick off new seasons with a shopping trip?  If so, what's on your fall list?Of course. I shop anyways. More boots, some cute orange and yellow sweaters. 
    5.  Has fall weather reached you yet?No :( It probably won't till late october-november.
    6.  Do you already have plans for the holidays?For Halloween, yes. For Thanksgiving and Christmas/Chanukah- no. 
    7.  Are you a football fan?  College, NFL, or both?  What teams do you support?I am not a football fan.
    8.  Anything else you'd care to add?I wish we had a "real" fall season here. Fall is my favorite season.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards