Wedding Etiquette Forum

Happy Hump Day Leap Year!

Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!

• Morning.  

I have this Leap day off.   We have doggie training at 3pm and I'm having dinner with my aunt and uncle.  I have not seen them since our wedding.  Which is about normal, as we are not very close.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Do you do it every day, LTB? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Do you use anything on the off days or do you just rinse with water?

• Good morning! I'm with everyone on the crappy drivers. We had freezing rain almost all night and then it turned to snow and now it is back to rain.... so the roads were just a mess this morning. I have no idea how i made it up this one hill because it was not plowed yet, but thankfully I made it to class. I will be interested to see how many people do not make it in today.

If my street and driveway are not shoveled and plowed by the time I get home, I will be very upset. I do not shovel.
  • Haha! Rach. That sounds nice! It actually isn't cold here, its probably about 30 or so, maybe a little warmer. So that isn't bad. But I live on a pretty steep hill PLUS a really steep driveway so I'm hoping the HOA gets those snow removal people out ASAP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:3cb2443a-a91b-4a91-9d62-37d0da8073b2">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy leap year! :) Someone moved the calendar in our break room to March already. Ooops. Sesh, just because they're all jerks doesn't mean they shouldn't be reported. Eventually, somethings got to give. <strong>Tonight FI and I are seeing a free prescreening of 21 Jumpstreet. I'm pretty excited!</strong>
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Morning all-

This is where I am at in the thread -Midge let us know if it was good. FI and I were watching previews for it last night and really want to go see it.

Just another day of work, gym, cleaning, and cooking. Yum Pho for dinner.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah I hate the ice/snow mix. Makes it much scarier! J is lucky -- up north they have between 10-15 inches starting overnight so he got a snow day. :( That is one drawback of living and going to school in the city.
  • The high today is eighty fucking three.  I hate Florida.

• edited February 2012
    Yeah tornadoes scare me too. We get a shitton of them here also, so we just get screwed in both seasons, I guess, heh. I remember last spring there was a tornado that I could see out my apartment window. That was effing scary.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:b1402893-a4be-4e1f-88fe-e7ca1f953ccd">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The high today is eighty fucking three.  I hate Florida.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

This sounds wonderful. I love Florida.
  • As far as going to the movies it has to be something both FI and I want to see. We stopped going to the regular movie theater awhile ago we go to iPic theaters http://www.ipictheaters.com/ since it is 21 and over, and they have drink/food service.

It costs more but we just go to the movies less. They only have like 40 seats in the theater and most of them are groups of 2 or 4 seats.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You know what is also terrifying? Tornado warnings without a basement! This is the first year I've lived out in the sticks (where tornadoes happen more often) AND the first time I have a house with no basement. I would get all shaky and sweaty every time the sirens went off and I had to sit in the bathroom having visions of my death instead of nice and calm in a basement.
  • Will do Sparent! One of my friends from HS has already seen it and he liked it, so I have high hopes. :)
  • Ugh I hate this job.  Sorry I'm being a downer.  I wish I could find someone to pay me to clean stalls and groom horses again.  Those were the good days.

• I just read the headline "NC man accidentally drinks gasoline from a jar, smokes cigarette; dies." ...... wtf.Surprised
  • Morning! This week is seriously dragging. But Happy Leap Day! And happy 19th birthday to my aunt! I wanted to bring her cupcakes, but the snow makes driving on backroads in the boonies not really fun or going up her super steep driveway Maybe this weekend =]

Speaking of cupcakes, I'm going to attempt to make her lemon drop cupcakes w/ homemade buttercream. I'm super hungry thinking about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:85cf4df5-25e5-4f0e-87fe-4b027261141a">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just read the headline "NC man accidentally drinks gasoline from a jar, smokes cigarette; dies." ...... wtf.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I heard about this earlier. How does one <em>accidently</em> drink gasoline <u>then</u> decide to light something on fire and put it in his mouth? Brilliant.
  • Adamar, I'd give anything to once again be paid to take care of giraffes all day long. If only they paid more than $8 an hour.
  • MIDGE!!  You have Marty Brennaman in your sig pic! 

"and this one belongs to the Reds!"

His kids went to the high school where my dad teaches and I took dance with his daughter.  I used to know him pretty well when I was little.  What a great guy!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:85cf4df5-25e5-4f0e-87fe-4b027261141a">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just read the headline "NC man accidentally drinks gasoline from a jar, smokes cigarette; dies." ...... wtf.

<div>I am so not surprised by this headline. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:89148508-9e77-4070-999e-7f6f261695e2">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year! : I am so not surprised by this headline. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Neither am I.  There are some pretty dumb people here. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:85cf4df5-25e5-4f0e-87fe-4b027261141a">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:

Wait, seriously? I would assume gasoline tastes awful. People are stupid.

Adamar best jobs of my life were cleaning stalls, grooming and exercising horses.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sparent, according to the article, he took a sip, and spit it out, getting some on his clothes.  But then (in a stroke of brilliance) he went outside to light a cigarette, apparently not thinking the gasoline he just expelled onto himself might cause a fire.
  • MP, I am super jealous. I was so freaking excited to get our picture taken with him at Reds Fest last year. His voice is just as awesome in person as it is on the radio!
  • I think what shocks me most is that he didn't change after spitting the gasoline out. The smell alone would bother me. Not just the idea that I might catch on fire. Dumb. 
  • MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Midge, I heard his voice in some movie recently (or maybe it was Person to Person with George Clooney), and I shouted to Matt "THAT'S MARTY BRENNAMAN!" 

Remember the old Kroger commercials with him and Joe Nuxhall?  Sigh . . .
  • Sure do MP! Those were great! I'm super excited for baseball season to start back up so I decided to make my siggy Reds inspired.
  • That's appropriate.  This is going to be our year.  Right?  Big Red Machine!!
  • Holly, I did as well.  Reading Fail #2.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:a12a7751-1247-48d0-9956-9fe4c625f954">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year! : I read this as you can't wait to make your siggy Reds inspired, and I was concerned how much more Reds inspired your siggy could be. Reading fail.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Haha. I mean, I could make it more Reds-inspired, but I'd probably annoy myself as much as everyone else.

MP, if this isn't our year, I don't know what is. GO REDS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards