Snarky Brides

Man, I'm confused.

I bought the First Response early pregnancy test and it tells me it can accurately predict pregnancy six days before my missed period. How do I know I missed it if it's six days before.

Does this mean I can test 6 days before my expected start date. Is it six days before what would have been the end of my four days, so two days before I'm scheduled to start?Or is it six days after my latest possible start date, which is the fourth day of my regular cycle? I confused myself.

I don't want to waste a test, but I have a big thing going on next weekend where drinking will be involved. Of course I won't drink if there is the slightest possibility that I am KU, but I also know my chances of getting KU on my first cycle are slim. I just want to be sure that I am not before I have anything to drink. If it's too early to test I will just not drink, but we paid a lot of money for the tickets and I don't want to waste them if I'm not KU.

I know I should post this on TB but that place scares me. I tried Google but can't find any answers. Someone help me. This is a P&R that I will try checking back to frequently.
20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Man, I'm confused.

• Do you chart your temperatures? I tested at 14 days past ovulation. If you don't know when you ovulated, I'd test the last possible morning before your event. Just in case.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You can test 6 days before your period is expected. I would wait until your period is due if I were you. 

Also, look at peeonastick.com  they have great info for pee sticks.  It can tell if you are pregnant, but you need a certain amount of HCG for it to work, and some tests need above 50, which isnt really feesible for 6 days before a missed period.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • baby center told me that it depends on the person. While in some cases it can detect it a few days before your period, it's likely that it won't be positive until a day or two after you should have started. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahhh. DMill. I hadn't seen your ticker before. Congratulations lady. I missed your reveal. Thanks everyone. I had no idea there was a website for peeing on a stick. I will just wait until the morning of the event as that will be the day or two before I should start. I do know with in a day or so of when I ovulated, but only because I had my ob/gyn yearly appointment that day and she told me.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DMill, congrats!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • YIO- FWIW, I tested positive on the CVS early detection test days before the FRER.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • The whole, "6 days early" thing is based on a normal 28 day cycle (with O on day 14) so they're saying they can detect at 8 DPO.  I got my BFP at 9 DPO, but my normal LP is only 9-10 days long, and my temp went up that day when it normally goes down, so clearly soemthing was up.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've got nothing helpful, because I'm the idiot that didn't know/test until, oh, 25DPO? so my test was insta-positive. ha But I wanted to say good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards