March 2013 Weddings

Tell me about your dress!

Have ya'll bought your dress yet? Have you even started looking? I am going Friday to start looking. I keep putting it off for some reason. Show me your dresses girls!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tell me about your dress!

• This is my dress! I tried on numerous dresses and really didn't even like this one on the hanger but once I got it on, I cried! I knew this was it!
  • I have already picked out my dress but have not purchased it yet. It is non traditional as it is hot pink and white and more like a prom dress then a wedding dress. Me and my husband have been married already in front of a judge, but looking forward to the actual ceremony!
  • kayjohnsonkayjohnson member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

I wasn't meaning to find it so early, but I got really teary when I tried this one on for fun... I love it and can't wait to wear it!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gorgeous dresses! So far one of my favorites is one I didn't like on the rack - funny how that happens! Proof that you just need to try different things on and see what happens!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I totally agree. I didn't love mine on the hanger. I even tried it on in the wrong size and hated it!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up getting my dress last July, before we even had my ring made. We went had the jeweler start making the ring we designed the next day. The dress is perfect, it was on sale, and my mom, sister, and fiance were there when I tried it on. It is from David's Bridal. It is an A-line ivory lace dress with floral beading on the top front and back. The shape of the beaded area sort of resembles a heart and the pattern it makes is sort of Celtic, which is cool since ours families are of Scottish decent (along with a bunch of other cultures). I also got my veil when I got my dress, because the beading on the veil went so well with the dress and hit in the perfect places, and it was on sale too.

I got my shoes in December. They are satin and lace heels that I had dyed blue.
    Love them! And they look perfect with my dress!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in the unusually lucky situation of having a FMIL who happens to be a couture wedding dress designer. I don't want to say who she is, but i's kind of funny browsing dresses on TheKnot for inspiration and seeing her designs come up. She is super excited to make me my dream dress. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here, so I'll just post a link. I'm really hung up on this dress (not my FMIL's brand): http://www.bhldn.com/shop%5Fthe%2Dbride%5Fwedding%2Ddresses/crepe%2Dde%2Dchine%2Dcolumn%2Dgown This will be my second marriage, so it's nice that it's ivory and more low-key. I'm not really a princess dress type of person anyway. And it's in keeping with the overall style of the wedding. We have a few ideas for tweaks for this dress.. I'd like to somehow have some corseting through the bodice, but I do love that sash the way it is...
  • My sister got married a couple of years ago and her wedding colors were hot pink and black . We saw a really pretty hot pink dress that i thought would have been perfect for her wedding but she didnt have the guts to get it. I think your dress well be awesome! I was thinking of getting a non traditional dress also because i am getting married on a cruise ship.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • brookerichbrookerich member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    sigh.....I've started looking but haven't narrowed it down to "The one" yet.  I know what I want and I'm afraid I"m going to have to merge two or more dresses together to get the look I want.  But for now I've narrowed my brands down to Casablanca and Allure.  I go for another round of trying on this Friday so wish me luck
  • all i know is i want a short dress.

• okay, update since my last post.  I found "the one" last Friday.  Here it is.  Allure 8904.
  • http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/styles/206

Heres mine its Alfred Angelo Disney dress Belle style 206, I dont think Ill be wearing the litlle shawl that comes with it though ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards