New York-New York City
Options

MOH attempting to plan a budget wedding for military sister

My sister and her fiance are both marines stationed in the bronx. They want to get married before they are forced apart by the military this summer. They plan on getting their marriage licence but only doing that completely takes away from the whole little girl dream of having a wedding.

my sister callled me yesterday all upset about not being able to have a wedding, so I have taken it upon myself to throw her a wedding! she doesn't want anything huge or elaborate, our family is extremely small, so the whole shebang would be for no more than 50 people.

I have several connections in terms of the culinary world, and can easily get the food and cake taken care of. however getting a venue in nyc is almost impossible to me. I am from boston, I really don't know anything out in nyc. Just looking for some ideas for an extremely budget friendly, small, DIY wedding venue. I am open to just about anything; I consider myself a very crafty person and love taking nothing and turning it into something. so throw anything at me!

Re: MOH attempting to plan a budget wedding for military sister

• Options
    My sister and her fiance are both marines stationed in the bronx. They want to get married before they are forced apart by the military this summer. They plan on getting their marriage licence but only doing that completely takes away from the whole little girl dream of having a wedding.

my sister callled me yesterday all upset about not being able to have a wedding, so I have taken it upon myself to throw her a wedding! she doesn't want anything huge or elaborate, our family is extremely small, so the whole shebang would be for no more than 50 people.

I have several connections in terms of the culinary world, and can easily get the food and cake taken care of. however getting a venue in nyc is almost impossible to me. I am from boston, I really don't know anything out in nyc. Just looking for some ideas for an extremely budget friendly, small, DIY wedding venue. I am open to just about anything; I consider myself a very crafty person and love taking nothing and turning it into something. so throw anything at me!</~root~>
  • Options
    I think Jennie's suggestions are great, particularly Tosca Marquee. However, if you have the hook up for food you should look for a bare space. What is your budget? I'd love to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards