New Jersey - South

Irma's Bridal

Hi Girls! I went looking at Irma's and found bridesmaid dresses I loved and want to get. It's a line that doesn't seem to be carried many other places (according to the designer website)
I worked with Irma and things were great, however the online reviews are worrisome.
Has anyone had experience with Irma's? Any feedback is great! Thanks!

Re: Irma's Bridal

• Summer2008Summer2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a fantastic experience at Irma's. I purchased my wedding gown there. Prior to that I purchased a BM dress there for someone else's wedding.

I would def recommend her! I have a review in my bio (clicky link in sig.)
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't buy anything there because I walked in and was not acknowledged for at least an hour - and I waited probably 2 hours to even try anything on. They stuck me in a fitting room the size of a small bathroom!  I was NOT happy.  I also didn't love their selection - although Summer, your dress is beautiful!
  • kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using her for everything and so have my friends.  I know people have had some bad experiences and it is true that you will sometimes wait forever and it is annoying and that he record keeping system is archaic, but she is a doll and has always been great to me and my friends.

I've had no issues to date, except when I make a payment, sometimes you have to wait, and I am impatient!  Also, my first fitting was scheduled and then they were 45 minutes late getting me into the dressing room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I found Irma to be very helpful.   I called around searching for my dress to actually try on, and she was the only store in the tri-state area that had it.  She called me back on a Saturday night after closing to tell me she had it in stock.  This was wonderful customer service to me and I went a couple days later.  She was so sweet and I highly recommend her. 

Side note:  I hear the alterations dept. is not good though.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using them for my dress and for BM dresses, and am very happy so far.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback! I made an appointment on a Sunday to go with my girls for dresses. Hopefully since it's a Sunday, they'll be more attentive (although, I didn't have a problem with this when I initially went). I'll just make sure to double check everything and possibly advise everyone to go elsewhere for alterations.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never had a problem with them being inattentive.  One time I went they were busy, so I just put my name on a list, and once they got to me they gave me their full attention.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Summer2008Summer2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_irmas-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:807d8adc-1425-4ef6-bc22-b9d00aa688afPost:90cf550f-a39d-4356-98e4-641be4ac0eab">Re: Irma's Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't buy anything there because I walked in and was not acknowledged for at least an hour - and I waited probably 2 hours to even try anything on. They stuck me in a fitting room the size of a small bathroom!  I was NOT happy.  I also didn't love their selection - although Summer, your dress is beautiful!
    Posted by taccoten[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I just thought that if I walked into their store to make a super expensive purchase, they could at least say hello and tell me they'd be with me as soon as possible - even if it wasn't my "turn"!  IMO, that is rude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards