New Mexico
Options

help with officiant and dj

Hello-  My wedding is fast approaching and I'm still looking for a DJ and an officiant.  Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!!
:)

Re: help with officiant and dj

• Options
    kylesgrl05kylesgrl05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Dream Factory DJ's.  their  website is dreamfactorydjs.net  we thought they were really reasonable and while our wedding has not happened yet throughout the planning process they have been very professional.  As far as officiants go we went with marriage makers.  They write your ceremony just the way you want it, it is very personalized.  Hope this helps :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Too Hot to Stop DJs. They were really great. They were a reasonable price, very professional, and played exactly what we wanted.
  • Options
    Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we interview Too hot too stop and Sound Productions (they have a really cool text live set up thing) they were really great but we decided we wanted a personal experience so we went with Dj evan (evansdjandlighting.com ) He is really personable and really fun. he's really doing a fantastic job with all my requests (or demands as FI calls them)

He's making a music montage of first dance songs from our friends and family

is putting the do not play list in the contract (that way if he plays any of the songs i do'nt have to pay!)
    And he's even busting out his vidoe equipment for something special for our themed wedding.
    His prices are just under too hot to stop, however Too hot to stop is negotiable
    Sound productions was not.
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Brian at www.abqdj.com. I've known him since HS and he also did all the dj-ing for all the greek houses when I was in college
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're going with Chris Romero from Cutmaster Music.  They are so nice and do beat matching so that each song flows into the next no matter what the genre is.  They also help keep everyone from wanting to make a toast and play only what you ask of them!
  • Options
    ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm sort of late, but wanted to recommend my DJ and officiant we used in October.  Ed Nunez with the Entertainer's was our DJ and did a great job.  His contact info is 892-2384 or 400-0103.  His prices were reasonable and he worked with us and our special requests. 

Our officiant was Bill Howden from Marriage Makers.  He was awesome.  We wanted a non-denominational but still religious ceremony and he worked with us on wording, readings, and ceremony structure for an awesome ceremony.  If you don't have a church you belong to and want a religious feel to your ceremony a minister from Marriage Makers would be perfect.  They also perform non-religious ceremonies and can help tailor your ceremony to you and your FI's cultural backgrounds and different things you want in your wedding.  Here is their link.  I think we paid $375 for the ceremony and $50 for the rehearsal.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards