Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Getting rid of cellulite?

Is there any real way to get rid of the cellulite on the backs of my thighs? It's not really a weight-loss issue (I'm about 6'0 tall and a size 4/6), just stubborn cottage cheese. It's enough of an issue that I'm embarrassed to wear a swimsuit, but I'd really like it to be gone before the wedding! Any viable solutions, ladies?
"He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."

Re: Getting rid of cellulite?

• I haven't tried it, but Bliss makes a product called Fat Girl Slim that is targeted for cellulite.  It has a lot of caffeine in it, which is supposed to stimulate circulation and help with cellulite.  That's the only product that I've heard good things about specifically targeted at cellulite.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • As PP said, caffeine is one of the few things that seems to help cellulite. You can do a coffee exfoliation at home in the shower. Just mix some coffee with epsom salts and soap.
    Tans usually help cover cellulite up as well. I use the Jergen's natural glow lotion and after a few days I can't see the cellulite anymore.
  • I haven't tried this myself, but a lot of my friends swear by it - rub preparation H (hemorrhoid cream) on the cellulite then wrap with plastic wrap for a few hours. Supposedly keeps cellulite less noticable for a few days.

Honestly though - it's probably a lot more noticable to you than anyone else. Try not to scruntinize your thighs under bright lights because no one looks good that way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cella, that used to work... but it doesn't anymore.  There was an ingredient used in hemmoroid cream that was great for cellulite and also for quick depuff on around the eyes, but they stopped using that ingredient in the US.  If you buy your preparation H in Canada, however...
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Wow I had no idea! Thanks - I would have been buying embarrassing cream for no reason otherwise!

It sounds like the company who makes the stuff should consider making eye-puff and cellulite cream, too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i've used Bliss Spa's Fat Girl Slim!! and YES it does work! BUT you have to give it a few months to really do it's job. i'd recommend buying Fat Girl Slim, and Fat Girl Zzzz. The Slim helps to reduce the amount of excess fluids in your thighs while the Zzzz formula helps to tighten and tone.
    but here's the thing: MASSAGE IS KEY! you have to have to HAVE TO massage the thighs for about one miunte to help "push" the cellulite out. when you apply the Fat Girl Slim, you'll notice that you have to use the potty shortly after, and that's good! it's getting rid of your excess of water in the thighs!!

*i know all this info since i used to work at Sephora, and we knew wayyy too much about every product there! haha!*
    i used it for about 3 months (yes its a long time) but trust me, it worked for me! it's the only product that really has worked for cellulite for me. also, the more water you drink, the less water your body retains! could help too! :)
    Visit Military.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great--this is all super helpful! Thanks!
    "He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards