Pennsylvania-Central

save the dates

What vendors did you girls use for your save the dates? 
Local or did you use websites?
My wedding is set for July 2011.. when do you think I should send out my save the dates?

Re: save the dates

• edited December 2011
    I made mine for fee through VistaPrint. They were postcards. www.vistaprint.com.

I mailed mine exactly 1 year before our wedding. Just make sure you ONLY send them to the people you are positive you will still be inviting when the time comes to send the actual invites. Trust me, you will feel excited, giddy, and mushy and want to send one to everyone you've already considered. A little later, you will wonder what you were thinking! That's the mistake I made anyway :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used MagnetStreet.com. Our save the dates came out so beautiful! We got great comments on them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Talia & Jason November, 6 2010
  • edited December 2011
    I used Vistaprint.com for my postcards and made magnets from their business cards to send with them.  I got both for free!  PIB
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here- I used Vistaprint for 100 free postcards and ordered 25 free magnets at a time.

It makes sense to me to send out the Save the Dates a year before your wedding. For us we have to send a little earlier because my sister is getting married later this year and we're trying not to confuse our mutual invitees with Save the Dates and invitations coming all at once.

We actually only sent Save the Dates to our family members-- the people who are on the top of the "Must Invite List." These people are not going to be removed from the list. Friends will not get Save the Dates, and for the most part, they all know when the wedding is anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:f61114c0-fad5-4e59-a728-d6607ef809fcPost:06d9bb09-b32c-4641-823b-d8a7e537aac6">Re: save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made mine for fee through VistaPrint. They were postcards. <a href="http://www.vistaprint.com" rel="nofollow">www.vistaprint.com</a> . I mailed mine exactly 1 year before our wedding. Just make sure you ONLY send them to the people you are positive you will still be inviting when the time comes to send the actual invites. Trust me, you will feel excited, giddy, and mushy and want to send one to everyone you've already considered. A little later, you will wonder what you were thinking! That's the mistake I made anyway :P
    Posted by vintagefix[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  We had a large wedding planned, and then decided to cut our plans in half because of money and other causes.  Personally, I would only send STD's to people whom you without a doubt want to invite, such as parents, grandprents, aunts, uncles, cousins..
  • peach5757peach5757 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used www.savethedatemagnet.com and I was VERY happy with the results.  The company was super helpful and easy to work with.
  • KimmersannzKimmersannz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you guys get them free?! if you dont mind me asking.?
  • troxellatroxella member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine free through vista print too--we ended up paying a minimal fee for color on the back and shipping. Right now they have a 100 postcards for free sale so if you go and order from them that is taken care of. We ended up getting 150 address labels for a minimal fee too that we are going to use on our invitations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards