December 2013 Weddings

How and When to start?

Me and my love plan on marrying 12.14.13 and I can't figure when I should start, or even where! I'll be grateful for any tips!
Good luck planning Bride to bes!

Re: How and When to start?

• My wedding date is 12/22/2013, and I feel the EXACT way that you do!

I LOVE DIY projects, so Ive started a binder that I keep with me and jot down ideas whenever they come to mind.

I have found that just starting my collecting addresses and contact info, helps me alot right now...

I have located and printed information for a couple of venues that I am interested in, but am holding off on visiting them for about another 6- 8 months...

I have also been perusing wedding dresses just to get an idea.... I found a couple of wholesale wedding dress websites, with dresses for under 200 dollars, and they are ALOT different than the traditional dresses you find at David's Bridal.

I found that the checklist given by the Knot is REALLY detailed and helps ALOT...

Let me know how it turns out!!

• Go around and look for ideas and inspiration. We will we booking our venue in the next couple weeks, considering for how close ours is to Christmas, I don't want somebody else to book! I'll probably be buying my dress by the end of the year. I mainly just have ideas all ready and once the time comes in the next year, I'll book vendors and be ready to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good ideas I'm super overwhelmed lol! I'll start with the idea binder like you said maybe get things sorted  And I was thinking of dress shopping end of and beginning of year too just to make sure theres enough time for alterations.

Thank you!
    Smile
  • I started a binder as well.  I guess luckily and not so luckily I have been very busy with school this semester.  In that way I am thankful for our long engagement.  I think we are going to try to book a reception site and start talking to the church this summer.  Other than that I think we are going to try to do everything gradually.  Maybe one or two things per month?  I have decided to not try any dresses on till atleast November haha.  I'm also running the Chicago Marathon in October though, so i plan on loosing weight between now and November, or atleast shape.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Wedding date is 12/01/13 and thankfully my FI has actually been a big help.

We asked a few different venues how far out they book and it turns out between 12-18 months is standard. Once we picked out a date we figured out our current expenses and subsequentally determined our budget. We have already started looking at venues (2 down) and plan to have one chosen with a deposit down by the end of May so that we can reserve our date 18 months out. We've looked at one place that is all inclusive and the one we have scheduled for this weekend is as well. I'm liking the idea of the all inclusive so that it won't be as stressful or as hard to plan. I've been looking around here and on pinterest as well as a few other sites for inspiration but right now I am mainly trying to focus on the venue.
  • Hello! I actually started some diy stuff and started stocking up on supplies when its on sale. We are moving late next summer so the last thing I want to worry about will be my projects. Im just going to store them in tubs. I think start whenever you feel like it!
  • Agree, if you are planning diy projects, better to get things done little by little instead of rushing, and getting frustrated later. Basic information given by TK here for getting started helps alot. Get an idea what you want your wedding to be like, small and intimate, or big blowout wedding. want a beach ceremony, church, or somewhere in-between. All these things will help you and FI decide ona venue, and what kind of decor you want, and that helps so much to have the broad idea set out. Then you can focus on little bits at a time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Figuring out how many people you want is important before you book your place in my opinion. My man and I listed our priorities separately then we looked at them together(I know sounds corney but it was helpful to know what priorities are!). I think it's important to share the same views on what you are spending your money on--ours were both number 1-FUN!

I think starting there is good...if you find a place you like, you can request a "soft hold" which doesn't require payment if you are nervous you'll lose the venue. Also, you can require a tasting BEFORE you book at some places to be certain....that's what I'm doing!

Good luck brides! 2013 will be here before you know it :)

LO

• Great ideas!!! You girls make me feel behind I havent started anything! I only have an idea for the place thats about all and since I plan on doing a  DIY wedding i should start soon lolTongue Out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards