Georgia-Atlanta

Help! I am not falling in Love!

Ok, so I am still looking for a venue. I have looked at approximately 10 venues, and have not yet fell in love with one. I like several, but am not in aww!! Is there something wrong with me or what? I think my expectations may be higher than I can afford. Am I supposed to like the venue, and decorate it the way I want it, so I can fall in love? Idk. I am so tired of looking. These venues are booking up extremely fast.

Re: Help! I am not falling in Love!

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Where have you looked?  What are you looking for?  Ceremony outside, reception inside?  What's your budget?  What area of town are you looking in?

Give us some ideas so that we can help you.
  • edited December 2011
    I have looked at so many, but to name a few:
    Vines Mansion, Villa Serena, Lake Lanier Islands (which I fell in love with but can't afford), Fox Theatre, Cator Woolford Gardens, Piedmont Park, Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Braselton Stover House, Bradford House and Gardens, and more.

I am looking for ceremony outside and reception inside.
    Somewhere nice for an "arabian night" theme.

Budget is 10000-12000
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at the Trolley Barn.  They have a beautiful outside patio/yard in the back, and you can bring your own food and alcohol.  I was impressed with this place when I saw it in person.  I think you may have to rent your own tables and chairs though, but I can't remember.

Gala Special Events Facility in Cobb County also has a nice patio/outside area, and the owner is very nice.  The website says you have to use their caterer, but when we saw the venue, she said that you can use your own caterer and bring your own alcohol.

Glendalough Manor is outside of Atlanta, but they have nice outside areas as well.  This is one of the "wedding estate" type places, but they may fit in your budget.  I will look at my notes and see if I can think of anything else.

Hotel Twelve (or something like that) in Atlantic Station looked nice (I didn't see it in person), but I don't remember if they have outside space.

I love my venue, King Plow, but they don't have an outside ceremony option.

I looked at a ton of venues in NYC and Atlanta before choosing one so I know how you feel.  I don't have a great eye for decorating so it was hard for me to picture how an empty venue would look when it was all decorated.  Perhaps google pictures of some of the venues you're interested in before you see them so you can invision your wedding day there.
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, gosh, I thought you were talking about trying not to fall in love with another man. Glad that's not the case.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Cranberry! I will check some of those out! I was looking at The King Plow even though they do not have outside space. 
    @mstar284: I purposely did that. You must have a catchy headline in order for some to read it!

• cherylatlantacherylatlanta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Callanwolde has outdoor space...you bring in your caterer/alcohol.  Could be transformed into whatever you wanted..  $7000 for Saturday nights
  • sharkgrlsharkgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You said you already looked at Park Tavern at Piedmont park? That tent could do magic for an 'arabian nights' theme I bet.
     What a cool, awesome theme.  ranks up there with David Tutera's pirate wedding from My Fair Wedding.  I love fun stuff like that. When is your date so I can check back for pics?
  • edited December 2011
    @Sharkgrl: No, I have not looked at Park Tavern. I just looked at Piedmont. I will give them a call tomorrow to get info. I was looking into them, but never got around to actually calling them! Thank you very much! I am looking at May 2011. I do not have an exact date due to not having a venue. I will definitely post pics.
  • sharkgrlsharkgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh NO, my siggy is obnoxiously huge. let me go figure out how to correct that. Sorry ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards