North Carolina-Outer Banks

Plan B?

We are planning on getting married on the beach right outside of our event home and then moving to the event home for the reception.  I haven't really thought about a Plan B in case the weather is bad (our date is 6/3), does anyone else have a back up plan?  I guess we could probably move all of the furniture from the top floor of the home (the house is absolutely gorgeous!) but just wanted to see what others are doing/have you thought of anything?? 

Thanks!!

Re: Plan B?

• LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Elizabethan Gardens and they have a reception hall that can be used in the case of weather.  I suppose depending on your guest list size, you could move it all indoors.  Does the house have a covered deck?
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Plan B is pretty much, see Plan A.  :)  We are having a church wedding (so no rain contingency necessary), but we are having our reception outside at an event home that doesn't allow tents.  Plan B is therefore the top floor of the house.  Shouldn't be a problem because we're only having 40-50 (including about 6 kids) - the house should more than accommodate that #.  And, the views would be fantastic and the house itself is really nice and could easily be dressed up with the same decor. 
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was on the beach and reception was on the top floor of our event home.  Plan B for the ceremony would have been where the reception was since it offered great views.   I don't know how big your rental house is but ours was 8 bedrooms and the great room had a lot of space.  We had 45 guests and I thought it may be a little crowded but we'd deal.  Turns out it was plenty of room!  We just moved some furniture around.  Used the dining room table as a buffet and added a 6 foot collapsable table as extra.  I think you'd be fine using that as a plan B :) 
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Whalehead Club, but I also booked Corolla Chapel incase it rains.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards