Outdoor Weddings
Options

mosquitos/bugs

We are having our entire wedding and reception outdoors this August 3. The reception will be tented. The wedding will start at 7 pm (we want a sunset wedding) and the reception is to begin around 730 (same location). The venue has the big heaters they can pull out if it gets cold, as well as walls for the tent if its windy. However, being as though the wedding starts at dusk, I'm concerned there will be issues with mosquitoes or other bugs. Any ideas for this? I'm in California, so the bigs are not totally crazy here but I forsee mosquitos being a problem.

Re: mosquitos/bugs

• Options
    You could always have someone spray for bugs the evening before if the venue allows. The sprayers and spray are not very expensive. I live in Michigan and a lot of people spray the night before big outdoor events during the summer.
    ~Weeds are just flowers without an invitation.~
  • Options
    Did you ask the staff at your venue what they do about bugs? If there are any, I'm sure they have a plan. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ask staff for how they handle bugs. But citonella candles/liquid is an option. Off has lots of great products that you can put around areas that aren't very noticable you may want to look into if the venue doesn't have a way to deal with it already.
  • Options
    My dad sprayed the grass the day before, and I think that made the biggest difference! We also did a few other precautions. I found some cute citronella tea lights in our wedding colors that we incorporated into our centerpieces. We also included some OFF! spray and Benadryl sticks in our bathroom baskets. Another helpful thing was setting up some low speed fans around the food. I would ask your venue if they have fans that they use for this purpose if it's not too cold for it, as well as any other preparations they would allow and recommend based on previous events.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • Options
    strategically placed tiki torches??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards