Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Girls only song

I am planning to have all ladies of brides family and new family to dance at reception. I am playing We are family! Can anyone think of another song that relates to family ladies to dance to?

Re: Girls only song

• I don't have any ideas, but I can tell you as a guest I would hate this. I hate to dance and would not want to do it if I were one of the family members, so I hope you are not planning on pressuring everyone to participate. Also, as a guest, I would feel awkward sitting there watching it. Just something to think about. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I wholeheartedly agree with every word Addie said.  I would not enjoy this either. 

But if you're still considering it, the songs that come to mind are "This One's For the Girls" by Martina McBride, "Man, I feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain, or  "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper.  None of them really suggest family, but "We Are Family" doesn't really want to make me get up and dance.

You know your guests better than we do.  Maybe you should try running this idea by your VIPs to see what they think.
  • Me, I'd enjoy it. Assuming the best and your VIPs will have fun with it, what about Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves?
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I would personally get up and dance, but I love to dance.  Also "We Are Family" would get me up and dancing.  

OP if you are sure that all the ladies in question will be into it, then go for it.  I can't think of any other "family" type songs.  Some good "ladies" type songs have been suggested, I would also add ABBA's "Dancing Queen" and Destiny's Child's "Independent Women" to the list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards