Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Beach wedding. No power source. How to play music?

I need some ideas on how to play music for the ceremony at my beach wedding.  There will be around 70 people there.  I was just going to buy a battery powered radio/cd player or speakers that I could connect to an mp3 player, but someone told me that anything battery-powered would not be loud enough.  

Any opinions, ideas, suggestions?  

I could also use song suggestions for the ceremony music. I have a few picked out, but I'm having trouble picking one for walking down the aisle. I mostly want beachy, tropical music, but I am playing the beatles "all you need is love" at the end, so really I'm open to whatever if it fits the vibe and I like it :)

thank u ahead of time for your help!!!  u have no idea how much i am stressing over this.  oh wedding is in 2 weeks, on April 27th...

Re: Beach wedding. No power source. How to play music?

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Buy a portable karaoke machine that can run on batteries.  Someone here recently said they bought one for about $50 at Target.  

My only other suggestion would be to consider hiring a live musician, but you are running short on time so that might be tough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• most docks for mp3s that are battery and plug in have the ability to plug in extra speakers, you just have to make sure the extra speakers are compatible, ask your friends, like on facebook or something, i'm sure you'll find someone with a dock and speakers that go with it, all battery operated, the extra speakers really make a huge difference
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards