Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Groom's gift

I know it is tradition for a bride and groom to exchange gifts on the wedding day.  I know he is working on getting me something but I am clueless!  We are having a non-traditional beach wedding.  He does NOT wear cufflinks, drink from a flask, or would wear/use anything personalized.  He likes going out with friends, playing darts, surfing, video games, and college football.  He is hard to shop for because he never really asks for anything and seems always fine with what he has.  Any ideas for the groom who never wants anything? 

Re: Groom's gift

• Options
    What about a new gaming system? Or something for his surfing?

Would he wear a watch? I'm planning on getting my FI a pocket watch (he's been wanting one for a long time) that has the University of Alabama on it.

Maybe try and get you and him tickets for his favorite football team so you could go and watch them?
  • Options
    I had that same problem w/ my finance I decided i would do a Boudoir Photography Session..Its something special (and just for him) and since I am going to be in such GREAT shape i thought it was a cute idea... . 
    ~love...is not about the person you can live with... but the one you can't live without~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the idea of football game tickets.  It's personal and it's an opportunity to create a new memory.
  • Options
    Every girl I've known who did a boudoir photo session said her hubby loved it!!
  • Options
    I'm doing boudoir photos. My future husband is going to LOVE them!
  • Options

Where are you going for your honeymoon?  We're going to Hawaii and I'm thinking of planning an excursion for the two of us while we're there.  I'll surprise him with it the day of the wedding.  Or if you're not taking the type of honeymoon that would lend itself to that type of "gift", maybe planning some other type of event that he'd like to do. 

• Options
    How about a really great set of darts?
  • Options
    I love the event idea during the honeymoon!  We're going to Jamaica so this might be the best thing for me.  Thanks dibsontop!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards