Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Please Help!!! :(

I'm getting married June 22nd and I'm having a smaller wedding (about 35 people). We were thinking about having my brothers (who are amazing guitarists) play the guitar as music for the wedding.

Any suggestions on good acoustic songs that they could learn for the ceremony?
We are thinking that they would play once they got to their places as kind of a "hey, sit down. she's headed this way" kind of thing... and then change the song once I was in view.

Re: Please Help!!! :(

• I think that sounds lovely!  Are there any vocals or is it strictly instrumental?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:b0ee84d8-9dbe-4b1a-b654-83c97470a276Post:bd4c826c-939a-4647-857f-ac1465a0a27c">Re: Please Help!!! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that sounds lovely!  Are there any vocals or is it strictly instrumental?
    Posted by wittykitty14[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm thinking just instrumental. They can sing also, but I dont want for it to be too loud... you know? </div>
  • I love Canon in D or Air on a G String for processionals...

That said, if they are playing interlude music beforehand as the guests are coming in, when they stop briefly before starting your entrance music their silence will signal to the guests that things are about to happen. It's been my experience that when the musicians stop playing and look for a signal at the back of the room/church/garden they are getting ready to start the bride's entrance music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:b0ee84d8-9dbe-4b1a-b654-83c97470a276Post:8bfadcbe-a2a7-420e-b565-f8f33f1e9380">Re: Please Help!!! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Canon in D or Air on a G String for processionals... That said, if they are playing interlude music beforehand as the guests are coming in, when they stop briefly before starting your entrance music their silence will signal to the guests that things are about to happen. It's been my experience that when the musicians stop playing and look for a signal at the back of the room/church/garden they are getting ready to start the bride's entrance music.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Amazing suggestions! Thank you! </div>
  • i am also thinking of having a guitarrist for my cocktail hour! i am getting married in June (SO SOON) and cant decide!! any recommendations?? 
    "Singer, songwriter, pet lover, hiking enthusiast, and Wikipedia contributor!"
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:b0ee84d8-9dbe-4b1a-b654-83c97470a276Post:e1346c09-3db0-441e-a098-d182385568d3">Re: Please Help!!! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am also thinking of having a guitarrist for my cocktail hour! i am getting married in June (SO SOON) and cant decide!! any recommendations?? 
    Posted by cresnik[/QUOTE]

<div>If you are looking for recommendations on a musician, you should post on your local board - see links to the left under Local Wedding Boards.  </div><div>
    </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited April 2013
    We're having a hammered dulcimer player who specializes in classical, folk, and celtic/traditional.  For the prelude he's playing Renaissance and Early music such as "Green Sleeves" and "Scarborough Faire."  For the parents' professional he is doing Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach.)  For the wedding party processional he is doing "Cannon in D minor/Pachebel). For the bride and groom's processional (we are walking down the aisle together) he is playing "Simple Gifts" the Shaker Dance song.   For the 'rememberance interlude' (when our loved ones who have passed away are acknowledged) he's playing "Asokan's Fairwell," which is another American folk classic.  For the recessional he is playing Ode to Joy/Beethoven.  For the postlude he is doing Celtic folk music.  He is staying in the garden for the cocktail hour, and then he's going to switch to world music/jazzy uptempo stuff.  We're not specifying what the Cocktail Hour music is, but asking him to go with the mood of the crowd.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards