Honeymoon Discussions
Options

So many choices - need help with questions to ask TA as well as options to discuss!

Hey all - we are planning a September honeymoon for 7 days - looking for an AI. Our budget is around $4,000 but it's flexible based on the place (i.e. if the place is perfect I'm willing to pay more). We want something that has that WOW factor. We're in our late 20s and love to meet friends so we want a place with guests on the same page as us (prefer no kids). People that just want to relax but also let loose and have some drinks. Our Travel Agent suggested the NOW Jade in Riviera Maya. We like it (especially the jacuzzi on the balcony) but we'd like more suggestions for comparison.

Some of our must haves (or high up on our wants list): Swim up bar, great restaurants/food but not a place where my fiance will need to where long pants and shirts EVERY night (some nights are perfectly acceptable). I love the little beach huts/canopies and the idea of someone serving me drinks beach/poolside is a dream. The jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean sounded amazing. We're honeymooners and would love to have some private time! We're looking anywhere in Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc. We're not picky on destination as we know anywhere is going to be beautiful!

Any suggestions of places are more than welcome (and if you could name some of the best things about each place?). Also, if you've stayed at the NOW Jade and have any thoughts that would also be helpful!

Thanks so much!

Re: So many choices - need help with questions to ask TA as well as options to discuss!

• Options
    Oh 2 things I missed! We definitely want someplace with a Spa. My fiance has NEVER had a massage so I'm really looking forward to getting a couple's massage! Also, any type of fun activities that are "once in a lifetime". Dolphins, cool wild animals, etc. We are big animal people - one of my lifetime goals is to dive in a shark cage and see sharks in the wild. Not saying that can happen on my honeymoon butttt if it did Cool Wow!
  • Options
    have you checked out Secrets Maroma Beach in Riviera Maya Mexico?

Adults only
    "soaking tub" on the balcony
    great food
    swim up bar (I think)
    beach bar

Also, when we HM'd there, they had a great special for honeymooners. We got a private dinner on the beach one night and a couples massage in the spa (this was AWESOME).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Agree with pp -Secrets Maroma is awesome. Secrets Capri is as well,but the spa at Maroma is just awesome and the beach is one of the best in the world. El Dorado also has a resort along Maroma. Secrets, El Dorado, and Excellence Resorts (El Dorado is Mexico only, but the others have resorts in the Dominican as well) are all adults only.

• Options
    there are many many many places like that all along the riviera maya.
    you can also check out the royal suites yucatan. it's a small exclusive section of the palladium complex with 4 other resorts that you can use pools/restaurants etc..

• Options
    Sandals royal bahamian.  It's adult only, AI.  Many restaurants to choose from, swim up bars, pools, hot tubs every where.  
  • Options
    We honeymooned at Secrets the Vine in Cancun, and it was amazing.  There was no swim-up bar though.
    FYI, all of the Secrets, and likely the Jade too, have a complimentary honeymoon package if you stay enough nights as long as you show a copy of your marriage license or your invitation.  It has a lot of really cool stuff including dinner on the beach, massages, a bottle of wine, nice turndown service, etc. (or at least it did in September)

Also, with places like Secrets, they have a brochure each day that tells you what activites are going on, included with that are the spa specials.  I would think of waiting until you see that to book a spa service if cost is a factor.
  • Options
    Check out the Emerald rooms at Valentin Imperial Maya. Huge, huge jazzuci tubs with views to the ocean. The resort itself has all of your must haves- couples massages, swim up bars, servers, etc. Plus it's near some fun parks, like Xel-Ha, Xplor and Xcaret. 
  • Options
    We honeymooned at the Excellence in Punta Cana, Dominican Rupublic.  It has all of the criteria you are describing:

- We spent $3000 for 6 nights
    - Adults only
    - Swim up bar
    - Mix of fine dining and casual restaurants (some restaurants require long pants, but others do not)
    - Beach/pool huts where waiters bring you drinks and food as you lounge
    - We stayed in a honeymoon suite which had a small pool on a private balcony
    - Awesome spa -- we did a couples massage
    - Very fun excursions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards