Wedding Woes

15lb Baby George

Scratch that.  15lb 7oz Baby George  NO ONE KNEW HOW BIG HE WAS.  How does that happen?

I'm glad he's ok, considering the issues he had during birth.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/george-king-of-england--born-weighing-over-15-pounds--is-one-big-baby-212724847.html

Re: 15lb Baby George

• OMG! SHE DIDN'T HAVE A C-SECTION!  

My ladyparts are cringing.  8lb 7oz was painful to push out...I can't imagine almost twice that.  

He's cute.  Those cheeks are insane.  
  • I'm sitting here with my legs crossed - yikes!
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I don't have time to read the article, but did the girl have NO pre-natel care?  
    And, those cheeks probably weigh 4 lbs each, so maybe that's part of the problem.
  • AF - other articles quote the father as saying "we were told everything was normal until he popped out."

I don't know if that means everything in the pregnancy was normal or everything in labor was normal.

She was in labr for 16 hours and did have an epidural.

Quote from another article:  "Ms Packer, who is 5ft 7in tall, says it has put her off having any more children in case they are equally gigantic."
  • How big were your kids, taw?  
  • DD1 was 8lb 7oz and DD2 was 8lb 15oz.  I had GD with DD2.
  • That is seriously making my vagina scared. DS was 8 pounds and while it wasn't easy, I couldn't imagine tacking on another 7 pounds.
  • how old are the parents? the dad looks all of 17. 

that's horrifying. I was having a rough time with a 4lb6oz kid - I can't imagine something 3.5x as big. 
  • They're both 21, barbie.

• George is huge, but look at that little face.
  • ahh, babies having gigantic babies. :-)
  • Eh, baby's weight is less impactful birthwise than positioning and head/chest circumference. My DS was 12 lbs even, c/s due to Dr's impatience neither one of us was in any danger, I had a long labor and was just beat down by the end. Doc wanted to go home, no one would support me in holding off. It seriously broke my heart . My DD was 11lbs 10 oz, born at home, no tearing or anything. No gestational diabetes with either kid, I just grow big babies. A small baby can more easily get into a "bad" position arm up by head, angled poorly, etc, but a big ol' baby just has less room to fiddle around and make things tough lol. I would be surprised if there was no GD in this baby's case, but not shocked bc I know big babies happen. Also, my 12lber? Doc swore up and down he was 8, 8.5 lb "max". HA! I knew different, I was expecting ten lbs that was the biggest baby I'd heard of at that point. Weight estimation, even by ultrasound is not at all exact. I have a friend who had her.baby early due to health issues...they kept checking baby's weight, and waited to take him until he was 5.5 lbs......except when he was born, he was only 4 lbs 11. Oops.
  • Where did my paragraphs and punctuation go?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards