May 2014 Weddings

wedding under $2500!!

My fiancée and I just had a baby in November so money is really tight. We are looking to keep venue and food costs under 2500. We live in central MA in a small town and really just want a simple wedding with a guest list of 80 people but everything is so expensive! any suggestions. Oh and we would like to get married May of 2014.

Re: wedding under $2500!!

• We're wanting about 150 people and have a budget of $3,000. Like the previous poster mentioned, we're doing a mid afternoon reception with no alcohol or dancing. We're planning on having appetizers and dessert, but we haven't decided if we are going to do our appetizers or get them catered. I have plenty of women in my family who are willing to help out. Honestly I'm a little worried about affordable and quality photography... Good luck!!
  • In Response to Re:wedding under 2500!!:[QUOTE]We're wanting about 150 people and have a budget of 3,000. Like the previous poster mentioned, we're doing a mid afternoon reception with no alcohol or dancing. We're planning on having appetizers and dessert, but we haven't decided if we are going to do our appetizers or get them catered. I have plenty of women in my family who are willing to help out. Honestly I'm a little worried about affordable and quality photography... Good luck!! Posted by caiters91[/QUOTE]
    It's very possible to find cheap photography. If you have a university near you or something along those lines, you can hire a photography student, or someone who needs the experience. Not only will they be much more affordable but they would love to have a wedding to use in their portfolio. That's what I did with my first wedding. We were able to use a nearby student who had a pretty kick ass portfolio already, but he never did a wedding before. It only cost us 250 and he did an amazing job. Just a thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards