Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP timeline help

Wedding: 8/10
Numbers due to caterer: 7/26

My MOH is throwing me a shower on 6/8. I know wedding invites should go out before shower invites, but it's not really possible because I live far away and this is the only time I can get back for a shower. We had planned on sending wedding invites 6/10, and making the RSVP deadling July 12. That gives me 2 weeks to calculate "25 chicken, 30 steak, etc.", figure out seating arrangemetns (required), and call around to track down the non-responders. 

So that's exactly 1 month for people to get back to me. Is that enough? Should I try to get invites out a week earlier? Or push back RSVP date? My friend is designing the invites for me, and she should have them done to order soon, but if I need to ask her to move more quickly I've got to get on that! Any help/suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Re: RSVP timeline help

• It's OK to send shower invitations before the wedding invitations.   Just make sure the shwoer guests are wedding guests.
  • You have your dates set (in your mind) for your personal dead lines so I would try to get invitations out early! Even though I have not sent my invitations out yet is is next on my list and the shorter time you give for RSVPS the (hopfully) guests will realize they have to get them back to you as possed to go wait because they don't have to get them back to you for a month or longer. The shorter time for rsvps the quicker response you will have!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-timeline-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d83437a9-e324-42b9-83a3-2db69133603cPost:95e2e30d-d318-455a-ba04-faee7d86c47d">RSVP timeline help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding: 8/10 Numbers due to caterer: 7/26 My MOH is throwing me a shower on 6/8. I know wedding invites should go out before shower invites, but it's not really possible because I live far away and this is the only time I can get back for a shower. We had planned on sending wedding invites 6/10, and making the RSVP deadling July 12. That gives me 2 weeks to calculate "25 chicken, 30 steak, etc.", figure out seating arrangemetns (required), and call around to track down the non-responders.  So that's exactly 1 month for people to get back to me. Is that enough? Should I try to get invites out a week earlier? Or push back RSVP date? My friend is designing the invites for me, and she should have them done to order soon, but if I need to ask her to move more quickly I've got to get on that! Any help/suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
    Posted by lisabeats[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Why does the venue need to know seating arrangements at the time you turn in your numbers?  Because if you can do that AFTER you turn in your numbers, I'd say you probably only need a week between RSVP and numbers due.</div><div>
    </div><div>Otherwise your timeline sounds fine.  If anything, I'd send them out a tad earlier to insure everyone got it with a solid month.

</div>
  • The timeline you are thinking of sounds perfect. It's totally fine to send shower invitations before wedding invitations. And tallying numbers and doing the seating chart won't take as long as you think. Wedding Wire has some really helpful tools for this. Using these tools, mine only took a little over an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards