Gay Weddings
Options

Outer Banks, NC

I am right now planning a wedding at the Outer Banks in 2015. I know a way off, but we have to save money and a lot of the homes are booked a year in advance. Anyway, I don't see us as anything but a regular couple, but now the doubt is starting to seep in. Of course NC passed Admen. 1 stating marriage is only between a man and a woman. A lot of vendors won't even work with gay couples. Fortunately I am having a small wedding and already have my vendors. We are having our wedding at a beach house, where my entire family is staying for the week. I am nervous that if the homeowners find out we are a same sex couple they will charge us crazy fees or tell us no. In my head, there is no way for them to even find out that we are a same sex couple. Hopefully they don't ask us to fill out any additional paperwork to rent the house. I just don't want to get heckled on the beach, etc. We always wanted a beach wedding and going up north is just not feasable for my family.

**Also we are having our actual legal ceremony in DC, not sure when. Just taking a few close friends or maybe my mom with us to witness**

Re: Outer Banks, NC

• Options

First: Holy it would suck to live somewhere that doesn’t appreciate the awesomeness that is lesbian love. I couldn’t imagine that! WTF America get with the program.

Second: Personally and only in MHO! I would have a conversation with the owners of the beach house.  I know I would be fretting that they would find out and bust the doors down one night guns blazing (maybe literally) 

There is a pretty good chance that if they’re exceptionally homophobic they’ll tell you no but there is also a good chance that if you don’t say anything neighbors or other people could tell them ‘hey there’s an uber gay wedding happening at your place.’ If your honest with them from the start they might be fine with it, then when the peoples complain to them they can say ‘ya so what?’

Good Luck!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards