Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

signature drink yes nor no

so we are having a full open bar at our wedding for the whole time of the reception its included in our package. i saw this really kewl looking drink  on pintrest it was lemonade peach tree and blue curaco the blue matches my wedding colors. i was thinking of having it served during cocktail hour like the bar tenders offering them to the guests coming up or having a note at the bar saying try the bride and grooms signature drink..

has anyone done that did the venue charge you extra to have a signature drink? 

our theme is beachy so the blue summer evening weddin the drink fits right in 

Re: signature drink yes nor no

• Options
    Have you tried the drink?  Do you like it?

We had a full open bar with sweet tea vodka and lemonade as our signature cocktail.  The venue had trays of the drink ready to go as soon as guests came into cocktail hour, so it was nice that people could get a drink without having to wait at the bar.  Our bar was consumption, so the signature drink was charged that way.  You will need to ask your venue about pricing.  
  • Options
    I like signature drinks, especially when they pass them on trays.  I think it relieves some of that initial rush to the bar.

I agree that you need to taste it before making any decision on that particular drink.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    i have had it before i just never knew the name of it so its a drink i would want plus my fi is big on peach tree its like a girly liqour but he likes it. 

i cant see the venue charging extra for a drink when open bar is included the whole night 
  • Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_signature-drink-yes-nor-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:c6665e2d-64ca-4dcd-9fcc-5e7e1b594a75Post:4bd692b7-404d-4b18-a479-c26f54cac964">Re: signature drink yes nor no</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have had it before i just never knew the name of it so its a drink i would want plus my fi is big on peach tree its like a girly liqour but he likes it.  <strong>i cant see the venue charging extra for a drink when open bar is included the whole night </strong>
    Posted by hyechica81[/QUOTE]

<div>Does your venue usually stock the liquors required for your drink?  If not, I could easily see them charging extra for this.  Plus, in the wedding industry, typically if it can cost more, it will.  There are some things that you just need to get an answer from your venue about, this is one of them.</div>
  • Options
    At our venue the well drinks were $6 and our signature drink which was prett simple was $7 so we cut the signature drink.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a signature drink!

As others have suggested ... just make sure it's something you like and wouldn't mind be remembered for.

: )
  • Options
    We are doing a simple Strawberry Daquiri and Screwdriver drink as our signature drink and then it's beer and wine. We are purchasing our own alcohol and then hiring a bar service to prepare and serve it. Our signature drinks can be made extremely reasonable which is another reason we went with them. I would definitely find out if it will cost more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards