Wedding Invitations & Paper

Is a Directions Enclosure Warrented?

My fiancé and I are getting married at a well known historical site, basically a straight shot down a major road.  In this age of GPS on every smart phone, do we need to include an enclosure card with directions in our invitations?  There are detailed directions on the venue’s website, linked to from our wedding website.  I was thinking about compromising by having an enclosure put only in our out-of-towners invites, providing info on the hotel block along with directions specifically from there to the venue.  How are other people handling this?

Re: Is a Directions Enclosure Warrented?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_is-a-directions-enclosure-warrented?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8852f309-00b1-4deb-9dc1-cd62c1eb18c7Post:c0c44e22-20da-431a-abf0-fbadf7c24f34">Is a Directions Enclosure Warrented?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancé and I are getting married at a well known historical site, basically a straight shot down a major road.   In this age of GPS on every smart phone, do we need to include an enclosure card with directions in our invitations?   There are detailed directions on the venue’s website, linked to from our wedding website.   I was thinking about compromising by having an enclosure put only in our out-of-towners invites, providing info on the hotel block along with directions specifically from there to the venue.   How are other people handling this?
    Posted by Berlinie[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We included it because the venue gave it to us.  It was free and required no effort to put it in with the invitation.  If you're having them for the out of towners, why not just add for everyone?  Are you paying extra for this?  I know GPS is prevalent, but I think it's a nice gesture to include if it doesn't cost you.

</div>
  • I think it is totally unnessary.  It could be a nice gesture if you have the time and budget, but it's perfectly fine to skip it if you don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards