Attire & Accessories Forum

Gathered trim on train?

I will be cutting off a big portion of my train, as it is an outdoor wedding and I am uncomfortable with a long train and a bustle.

As a result...I am looking for some pictures of a train with a "gathered trim."  My seamstress has suggested that to me along with adding a rhinestone trim above that, so that my dress still looks bridal, even with a short train.  The problem is, I can't seem to find any pictures of what that looks like online anywhere.

Has anyone ever heard of a "gathered trim" train?  And, if so, do you have any pictures?  The only one I've been able to find is this, and it is obviously all the way around- and hideous, in my opinion.  HELP!

bonny black lace trim wedding dress

Re: Gathered trim on train?

• I have never heard of a gathered trim on a train before.  What does your dress look like?  Even if you chop most of the train off and maybe just leave enough to have a sweeping train I am sure your dress will still look bridal.

Did your seamstress describe what it would look like?

• My dress is a strapless A-Line with a slight sweetheart neckline.  The bodice has ruching, and then there is a rhinestone drop-waist belt.  The skirt is plain.

She described the trim as looking like the ruching on my bodice (which is hard since I don't have a picture of my dress, I know). 

I think what she meant is like the one in the picture I posted, except rather than vertical gathers, it would be horizontal gathers...looking like it is flowing out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards