June 2013 Weddings

Comma or No?

I can't make up my mind for my invite: I have seen some with and with-out comma's. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Comma or No?

• I voted for the last one, but I'm not positive that it's the grammatically correct answer, it just looked the best to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOL maybe because it's 2 in the morning and I am completely burnt out but they seriously all look the same to me! I have also forgotten everything ever taught in all of my english courses. Time for bed...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine do not have a comma, not sure if that is correct, but honestly I really do not think anyone is going to notice
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The first one is what we used on our invitation so I voted for it. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_comma-or-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:1c025a57-e210-4276-b802-c9317ba48d65Post:c3eddc56-c966-4067-bce6-03a4fb51108c">Re:Comma or No?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saturday, the twenty ninth day of June, two thousand <strong>and</strong> thirteen.
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

<div>remove the <strong>and</strong> in the year</div>

Anniversary
  • danilynn72danilynn72 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    First one is grammatically correct and remove the word "and" from two thousand and thirteen. It's just like how we teach children not to say in the number 135 ...one hundred and thirty five ...it's just one hundred thirty five :-) Sorry you asked a teacher hehehe...hope this helps xoxo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards