Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Any Invisalign brides out there?

I just met with an orthodontist yesterday afternoon and am planning to go forward with Invisalign treatment. I will be 35 in December and had braces back in 7th-8th grade but I believe some of my front teeth shifting again (which I am super self conscious about) are because I wasn't good at wearing retainers afterward. By the time I start I'll only be about 6 months through the 9 month plan at the time of my wedding on May 25 but I think it's still worth it.

Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any Invisalign brides out there?

• I think it's definitely worth it! I swear invisilign was made especially for people like you who had braces as a kid but didn't wear retainers so everything shifted. I have regular old stainless steel braces on right now that should be off in the next 4-6 months. We chose our wedding date specifically when I'd have my braces off. Most likely your front teeth will be where they should be by the time of your wedding. My front teeth have been in the same position for nearly 10 months, they moved very fast! The rest of my teeth, totally taking their time!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made my appointment for the measurements/impressions on Monday! Hopefully I can start treatment by December.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am just finishing up my Invisalign treatment that lasted about 1.5 yrs.  It was originally scheduled to last 9 months for my top teeth and 11 months for my bottom teeth but they weren't shifting as expected so I had two mid-course corrections.  Don't be surprised if you have a similar experience since I've heard most people have a mid-course correction.  In any scenario, I would go ahead with it.  If you end up getting attachments (little bumps added to your teeth to anchor the trays), you will probably want to have them removed for your wedding day so they don't show up in pictures, but your orthodontist should be able to remove them for the week or so, then put them back on.  I hope you like your results as much as I like mine!
  • Hey beckyh77,

How is invisalign going?? I just got my metal braces off this week and thought of you! I hope it's going great and that you're seeing good results!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards