Wedding Reception Forum

Ivory/white together??

What do you all think?  Can I do a white table linen with an ivory organza overlay?  My dress is not quite as dark as ivory, but not white - more candlelight.  The chairs I am renting are white (white or brown only choice) so don't want to do ivory table linens alone.  I saw a pic where the main table cover was white, but had an ivory overlay.  Do you think that would look ok or like I didn't understand how to mix colors??!  haha!

Re: Ivory/white together??

• Yes you can. In photos it will all simply look white.
  • Are you worried that your linens won't match your dress, so that's why you are doing the ivory overlay?  If so, just skip it.  No one is going to compare your dress to the linens.

either way though, I think it will look fine, and no one will think you don't know how to tell the difference between ivory and white. 

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ivorywhite-together?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:bd851877-b602-4026-a90e-90eff558d975Post:3f5c2e79-3902-4f42-86b7-7598911efb93">Ivory/white together??</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you all think?  Can I do a white table linen with an ivory organza overlay?  My dress is not quite as dark as ivory, but not white - more candlelight.  The chairs I am renting are white (white or brown only choice) so don't want to do ivory table linens alone.  I saw a pic where the main table cover was white, but had an ivory overlay.  Do you think that would look ok or like I didn't understand how to mix colors??!  haha!
    Posted by jmktbg[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div><div>Why don't you do white?  Why are you leaning towards ivory?</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, do you you have any other wedding colors?  For example, if your color is navy, you could do a navy undercloth, a white overlay and navy napkins/sashes.  It will give a little color to the table.</div><div>
    </div><div>But agree with CMG.....don't pick ivory because of your dress.  No one will notice.</div></div>
  • Not at all...look up monochromatic (white) or (ivory) wedding table settings! Just beautiful! Im using ivory table clothes, champagne napkins and the china is white.

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards