October 2014 Weddings

Masquerade Wedding! Needs some opinions please! :)

Some info
Colors----Black, Lapis, and Silver
Date------ October 25th, 2014
Dresses---Long, strapless 2 black, 3 Lapis

Help!!!
Ok, so I wanted to get masks for the reception but it's alittle pricey so I was thinking of getting a few people who can do facepaint and then they can just facepaint the masks on the guests if they choose to do so. Here's the crazy idea though lol, I was thinking of having the bridesmaids' faces painted for the whole event. I'm not 100% sold on this idea yet and wanted your opinions. Please keep them civil and clean :) Thank you!

Re: Masquerade Wedding! Needs some opinions please! :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_masquerade-wedding-needs-some-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:93bf72ae-2d5e-4efd-8caf-a46ffdc564f1Post:7fdd3c41-32b8-4bdb-9254-daf058c61395">Re: Masquerade Wedding! Needs some opinions please! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I absolutely love the idea!!  Im getting married the day after you and I wanted to do the same thing but it didnt mesh with the theme of our venue.  Ive done makeup for a party (Im a makeup artist) whose theme was a masquerade and the makeup lasted really well through out the night and it recieved tons of compliments.  Plus its definitely more comfortable than having a mask on all night!!  I'd say talk to your girls about it and see how they feel.  Have them take a trial run of it and see what they think!!  I'm so jealous!!  Youll have to post pictures!!
    Posted by nmsterni914[/QUOTE]

OMG you're my new best friend, seriously lol. I posted this idea on attire and accessories and everyone is tearing me apart for it. I'm so glad you posted because it really does get me to thinking about it again. If you wouldn't mind, would you find my post (should be called Bridesmaid Help or something like that) and post what you just did here, there? lol Sounds nuts, i know :/ 
    I'll def. post pics! It's so far away :( I can't wait until next year!
  • Absolutely i will!! I know how difficult it can be trying to do something different and not have people be ok with it. My wedding is in a barn and my whole family keeps making fun of it and most are expecting animals despite the fact that its an actual venue. Just remember its your wedding and as long as its not actually hurting anyone emotionally or physically than there's nothing wrong with doing things differently!! Im so excited for you! Youll definitely have to keep me up to date on what your doing!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_masquerade-wedding-needs-some-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:93bf72ae-2d5e-4efd-8caf-a46ffdc564f1Post:3dff2072-522e-4161-af5f-4736dff00475">Re:Masquerade Wedding! Needs some opinions please! :</a>:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely i will!! I know how difficult it can be trying to do something different and not have people be ok with it. My wedding is in a barn and my whole family keeps making fun of it and most are expecting animals despite the fact that its an actual venue. Just remember its your wedding and as long as its not actually hurting anyone emotionally or physically than there's nothing wrong with doing things differently!! Im so excited for you! Youll definitely have to keep me up to date on what your doing!!!
    Posted by nmsterni914[/QUOTE]

Thank you so so so much! We too are going to have our reception in a barn but it's this antique barn from his hometown. It's so pretty. I'll PM a link so you can look at it :-) I'm excited to see pictures of your wedding! I think barn weddings are amazing!
  • That sounds like a great idea!  Plus, the makeup would look better than masks in pictures, since masks tend to create shadows.  If all your bridesmaids are willing, and they should be becasue it's YOUR day, I say go for it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_masquerade-wedding-needs-some-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:93bf72ae-2d5e-4efd-8caf-a46ffdc564f1Post:5cacdea0-355f-4ea9-81af-da800440bf34">Re: Masquerade Wedding! Needs some opinions please! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds like a great idea!  Plus, the makeup would look better than masks in pictures, since masks tend to create shadows.  If all your bridesmaids are willing, and they should be becasue it's YOUR day, I say go for it!
    Posted by rsbloom[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards