Pre-wedding Parties

Shower After The Wedding?

Looking for help.  I've been volunteered to throw a shower for my cousin, who I am not close with.  She had a quickie wedding in December b/c her boyfriend is in the military and was being stationed in another state.  Their wedding was supposed to be a secret, but somebody spilled the beans to the family.  Would it be appropriate to have a bridal shower now?  Should it be called something else?  Is this completely inappropriate?  I need thoughts and ideas.
Thanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower After The Wedding?

• What do you mean you've "been volunteered"?  That is not volunteering; that is being made to do something. And you're not close with this cousin?  Why would you go through with this?  I personally don't think it's appropriate, but I don't know what the etiquette rules on it would be. As a guest, I would sure side-eye it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They're already married so all the pre-wedding parties are null and void. As for you being "volunteered" it sounds like they just thrust the responsibility into your hands. I drop it and walk away.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I could see having a small shower post-wedding due to a wedding that had to be pushed up or done quickly due to military reasons.

BUT, if the wedding was to be a secret, there never would've been a shower anyway, so why one now?

It is also not fair for someone to tell you to you have to host it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards