Canada

Ottawa Brides?

Hiya Ladies.
Just checking in to see how many Ottawa Brides are out there!  *waves*
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Ottawa Brides?

• Not Ottawa but close... Cornwall, November 3rd. Congratulations Laughing
  • Congratulations to you both!!
    Where are you both planning on getting married?
    We're doing a destination wedding and planning it in Mexico!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We have not decided on that yet... somewhere in ottawa or south of the city. So much to decide! Mexico will be nice!
  • Ottawa area too.  Wish there was more canadian cities added to the these forums 
  • We're going to have the reception in Ottawa, just haven't figured out where either.

I'm surprised myself that they don't have an "Ottawa" board. We're a bit enough city. 

On a side note, I've been trying to find a place in Ottawa where they sell cake stands at an inexpesive price. Everything seems over priced...at least in my eyes.
    Anyone have any suggestions on a place I should head too?

• yes yello.  just joined
  • Hi Everyone! Another Ottawa bride to be here!
    In terms of cake stands, have you tried etsy.com? they always have cute stuff.
  • In Response to Re:Ottawa Brides?:[QUOTE]Hi Everyone! Another Ottawa bride to be here!In terms of cake stands, have you tried etsy.com? they always have cute stuff. Posted by Linaspa[/QUOTE]

I love Etsy and I'm actually having having a great graphic designer from Etsy design our invites, but sometime things can be over priced. Cake stands are one of them unfortunately.
  • Ottawa bride here! November 24th!
    Still looking for wedding decorators!
  • I'm not an Ottawa Bride, but rather an Ottawa Wedding Planner.

As for an inexpensive cake plate - be creative.  I've seen some nice plates (picked up at second hand stores, Homesense, etc) glued to some nice inverted bowls or vases.  Rather inexpensive (less than $20) and unique. 
  • OTTAWA FTW!!

Well, to be perfectly honest, the FI and I live in Hull, QC, just across from Ottawa :P
  • i have seen plates glued to the tops of glasses, wine glasses  or thick based candle holders.  i have some of cake plates and other items for sale.  we are not having a a small wedding now, just bride and groom.

take a look at my items for DIY items for sale.  i also have wedding gowns and jewelry for sale.  trying to get my dream gown, so i am selling stuff to save the money to get it.

www.visionsofannasvoices.weebly.com

take a look. i also have lots of wedding diy items. we were going to have a small wedding, but, changed our minds to just the groom and the bride and a witness. so i won't be needing these items anymore. there is other stuff for sale on the list but just disregard that.

http://annasvoices.usedottawa.com/

email is annasvoices@yahoo.ca
  • Yep! Planning our wedding for May 24th, 2014!
  • woot! another Ottawa bride here! our date is September 7, 2013. 

How many of you have found your dresses yet? any good/bad experiences at the local salons?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_ottawa-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:30d35aa6-7222-4d78-b80f-ae10ba3c76daPost:43e3aba6-0035-4be7-b617-74e2d46b9947">Re: Ottawa Brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]woot! another Ottawa bride here! our date is September 7, 2013.  How many of you have found your dresses yet? any good/bad experiences at the local salons?
    Posted by calibr8te[/QUOTE]

<div>I got my dress at David's Bridal in the Trainyards. I went in without an appointment (really should have made one), but they accomodated me anyway! Nice prices that won't break the bank. I went looking to spend about $300 and got exactly what I was looking for. A nice, simple white dress with no train!</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_ottawa-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:30d35aa6-7222-4d78-b80f-ae10ba3c76daPost:47ed0db4-432b-4cbe-9b2a-2d1e7c64a262">Ottawa Brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiya Ladies. Just checking in to see how many Ottawa Brides are out there!  *waves*
    Posted by mrsbiss2be[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes!!! August 2014! </div>
  • Ottawa Bride here. Planning June 2014... shopping venues right now!
  • calibr8te said:
    woot! another Ottawa bride here! our date is September 7, 2013. 

How many of you have found your dresses yet? any good/bad experiences at the local salons?
    I highly recommend With Love in Stittsville. I found my dress there. I have been to other bridal stores (as a bride and bridesmaid) and found the service to be more relaxed and less pressured.
  • I'm from ottawa! We're having our wedding in Kingston though. I know its too late for you calibr8te, but I would avoid Dominique Levesque in Gatineau. My Consultant totally ignored everything I said until I was so frustrated that I left!
  • Live in rural Ottawa but we're getting married in Gananoque
  • Rural (very) south Ottawa!  We've tentatively set our date for Aug. 2015!
    The very honourable future Mrs. Tracy McMillan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards