July 2013 Weddings
Options

Registries! (which ones?)

Where have most of you registered? We're doing Target for sure, but are thinking of doing a "build the floor" fund where people can put cash toward a new wood floor we'd like in our new home.
Interestingly, NaniLoa

Re: Registries! (which ones?)

• Options
    I like the fund idea! You could do a cute thing like helping to build the foundatio of our home or something like that :)

We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond, Macys, and Potterybarn. I also put on my wedding website that donations to having fun on the honeymoon cruise were also being accepted lol
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I am regristered at Wal Mart, Khols, and Macys.

• Options
    We did an Amazon wedding registry where you can add things from Amazon or other websites. There's also an option for the purchaser to check off gifts that have been bought from elsewhere (in case they find a better price somewhere else).

It's a great option when you don't LOVE everything from one or two places.
  • Options
    Macy's & Target
  • Options
    We are also doing Macy's and Target. Although we don't need much, we are registering for a few items, with the hopes that most will see there isn't much on the registry and give gift cards/money instead. I'm not willing to ask for money for any kind of fund, so we are doing it the indirect way.
  • Options
    We're doing ours at Crate & Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, & Macy's.

I'm not sure how well a 'build the floor' fund would be received by guests since it's pretty much asking for cash (read around on the etiquette board and you'll probably find some threads about honeymoon registries and similar ideas) But I think if you just keep your registry small at Target, people will tend to give cash gifts anyways. Or you could even register at Home Depot or Lowe's (I've read that it's easier to do this through Amazon rather than directly with the store). Good luck, registering is a ton of fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registries-which-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b505803e-50c0-47d3-8209-a98933e9d670Post:0e733249-06b9-45e6-925d-ce090ca94c5e">Re: Registries! (which ones?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Macy's & Target
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS. </div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Crate & Barrel and Bed, Bath, and Beyond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We did Bed Bath & Beyond and The Container Store.
    We registered for money towards a custom closet space at the Cont. Store and few small items.
  • Options
    Williams Sonoma and Bloomingdales.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registries-which-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b505803e-50c0-47d3-8209-a98933e9d670Post:f187aef2-5dbc-4e78-b6a6-40a95be1e56f">Re: Registries! (which ones?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing ours at Crate & Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, & Macy's. I'm not sure how well a 'build the floor' fund would be received by guests since it's pretty much asking for cash (read around on the etiquette board and you'll probably find some threads about honeymoon registries and similar ideas) But I think if you just keep your registry small at Target, people will tend to give cash gifts anyways. Or you could even register at Home Depot or Lowe's (I've read that it's easier to do this through Amazon rather than directly with the store). Good luck, registering is a ton of fun!
    Posted by MissKristenWed84403[/QUOTE]

Kristen--I like where your head's at.

OP, I'd look into Kristen's advice about perusing the etiquette board. It might help!
  • Options
    BBB and Lowe's gift cards
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Bed Bath and Beyond   and Kohl's

We originally went with Target but they were such a hassle.  Most often than not their registry page was down and just getting the scan gun in the store was like pulling teeth.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Registered at target and Macy's, and might to an amazon registry too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registries-which-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b505803e-50c0-47d3-8209-a98933e9d670Post:ed0df541-26c8-4bb1-83c1-2a37be1a5ff4">Re: Registries! (which ones?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registries! (which ones?) : Kristen--I like where your head's at. OP, I'd look into Kristen's advice about perusing the etiquette board. It might help!
    Posted by Wheels987[/QUOTE]

If you know your family and friends, I think you would know what would offend them, KWIM? My family for example does not in any way shape or form follow etiquette like I have seen on here, lol. They all think the "rules" are over the top! But, if it may offend some I would reconsider.

Anyway, we did our at JC Penney for Fiesta Ware( Love that stuff and want some) and BBB. Still may rethink and do amazon instead.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registries-which-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b505803e-50c0-47d3-8209-a98933e9d670Post:2ddce47a-915d-465a-9ff2-2fcfc812a7bc">Re: Registries! (which ones?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registries! (which ones?) : If you know your family and friends, I think you would know what would offend them, KWIM? My family for example does not in any way shape or form follow etiquette like I have seen on here, lol. They all think the "rules" are over the top! But, if it may offend some I would reconsider. Anyway, we did our at JC Penney for Fiesta Ware( Love that stuff and want some) and BBB. Still may rethink and do amazon instead.
    Posted by shilotony2012[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're getting at, but I still would make a point of being etiquette conscious so I didn't offend my FIs family and their friends. When I first brought up the idea of doing a honeymoon registry with my mom she was even a little wary about it. After talking to others I realized it was a bad idea. And really, are your close friends and family going to tell you to your face you're being rude? Probably not.
  • Options
    We registered at Kohls and Bed, Bath and Beyond. 

If you register at Kohls they give you a stack of coupons to add to your shower invitations for 15% off registry purchases, and everyone I know saves the BBB coupons as well! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>I can agree with that - my friends and family would find it amusing, then be too lazy to go on the website to put money toward it. Hehe. So eh - guess there are pros and cons to that. May have to consider BBB for sure, though.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registries-which-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b505803e-50c0-47d3-8209-a98933e9d670Post:2ddce47a-915d-465a-9ff2-2fcfc812a7bc">Re: Registries! (which ones?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registries! (which ones?) : If you know your family and friends, I think you would know what would offend them, KWIM? My family for example does not in any way shape or form follow etiquette like I have seen on here, lol. They all think the "rules" are over the top! But, if it may offend some I would reconsider. Anyway, we did our at JC Penney for Fiesta Ware( Love that stuff and want some) and BBB. Still may rethink and do amazon instead.
    Posted by shilotony2012[/QUOTE]
    Interestingly, NaniLoa
  • Options
    <div>Great idea! I thought about doing Amazon (or Overstock) but figured most people would just go to Target. However, I know a LOT of people shop on Amazon on use eBay, so maybe it would be work well all the same. Will have to look into that! Would be a great option.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registries-which-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b505803e-50c0-47d3-8209-a98933e9d670Post:cf6c9b5e-5a88-46b7-b6ae-9d7b52feff2a">Re: Registries! (which ones?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did an Amazon wedding registry where you can add things from Amazon or other websites. There's also an option for the purchaser to check off gifts that have been bought from elsewhere (in case they find a better price somewhere else). It's a great option when you don't LOVE everything from one or two places.
    Posted by Wheels987[/QUOTE]
    Interestingly, NaniLoa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards